Thoughts on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
Any thoughts?

fhf8403starbuck19h.jpg

For some reason his semen don't qualify for export, no-one could tell me why, otherwise I would have used him. That is the type of phenotype I like.

I had enquiry of embryos by him, but unfortunatly they were all sold. (Semex)

KNERSIE":ew965gia said:
For some reason his semen don't qualify for export, no-one could tell me why, otherwise I would have used him. That is the type of phenotype I like.
What keeps semen from qualifying to export? Thats something I don't know much about.

Some times it what you don't see Novatech. I am no hereford expert don't claim to be.I figure some off the older hereford breeders still remember people having to use nurse cows to raise calves.

tom4018":iv09ej5n said:
KNERSIE":iv09ej5n said:
What keeps semen from qualifying to export? Thats something I don't know much about.

I have no idea.

Red Bull Breeder":ex7xazch said:
Some times it what you don't see Novatech. I am no hereford expert don't claim to be.I figure some off the older hereford breeders still remember people having to use nurse cows to raise calves.

That was a direct result of the showring fads of the time, doesn't mean there wasn't any hereford cows that milked. The real dry hereford cows here just about all traces back to USA genetics, its not a problem that came from the English genetics.

Do no where he was collected Knersie?

Don't know that either.

novatech":2ry3hgbw said:
WichitaLineMan":2ry3hgbw said:
Any thoughts?

fhf8403starbuck19h.jpg
Makes me wonder how the horned fanatics can say they can't find good genetics.

http://sementank.com/fhf8403starbuck19h.htm

Pretty sure he is horned on the top side of pedigree.(King Ten) I haven,t done any reasearch on the Achiever.Bred to horned cows you would still get horns alot I think.Knersie has mentioned that he liked him before.

So maybe horned breeders did use him and still got horns.

Red Bull Breeder":cprh8yva said:
One of the reasons I like this bull. There are a lot of his granddaughters posted on the Internet. No milking problems there. I have never found much use for new popular unproven bulls.
I don't own Herefords but use them to AI on Brahman cows not used in the purebred group.

Horned on the top just like I thought.

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... F&9=5F5F50

If you used him on horned cows you would still get horns more than likely.Good looking bull. But as a 98 model and used in horned herds how many would be polled if that was the breeders goal?
Both polled and horned have good and bad things, why dont we all agree to disagree here?

Red Bull Breeder":23sjylye said:

I can certainly remember nurse cows for the show strings! But it wasn't because the Hereford mothers didn't give enough milk for the calves in a "normal setting". That practice didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time and was eventually discontinued, but it's not a lot different from today's show strings and the copious amounts of feed that's poured into them. The idea is the same - it's just the "feed" that's different.

George

Latest posts