Thoughts on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I love that hip and hind leg. His head looks like he'd calve pretty easy (I'm looking past the horns ;-)

He's a half brother to my coming two year old bull. I just saw him yesterday morning on my way to El Paso.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss any further.

JH

I like him. Actually, the high tail head probably helps him with the show types. The only thing that I would change is I'd like a little straighter topline...but that's being picky, and it's just one pic.

Glad to see you looking at a Hereford bull, and I have a lot of respect for Hambley's judgement.

Was interested in Kernsie's opinion of his eyes and eyeset.

Eyeset is good with very good lashes pointing downward. Can't really see how much pigment he has, but with his eyeset it's not much of a factor.

I would have prefered stronger eyebanks creating more of a hooded eye, but his eyeset generally is good and I don't foresee problems in his progeny.

JHambley and I have discussed many of the Deewall cattle in the past and of all the Red11 sons I think this one is the best I have seen.

If you want too moderate your framesize more, they also have a 908 bull that I think highly of. Have a look into his sons a well. In general I would say the 908 bulls will be better suited to harsher conditions than the Red11 sons.

Very nice looking bull, really like the hindquarters. Very similar to the bull I just got from Wiese & Sons in Manning, Iowa

Hard to tell from picture the true quality of a animal....But I think he is beautiful..although them horns got ot go...

Here is a more recent photo of the same bull. He's very smoothly made.

JH

GoldenAdvance550large.jpg