Thought for the day

Help Support CattleToday:

Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.

My thought for today does not have any words of wisdom in it. The first thought today was now I have to go into town and have a belt for the baler laced. Nothing goes right, left or wrong when trying to bale hay. First bale out the belt lacing failed. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks when he is to old to learn.

alisonb said:

If you can get everyone to agree to "what is right". Right is a function of culture, values and experiences. Alison, you live not far from the Kalahari. The San (some use the term Bushman) have been chronicled to have bashed their babies brains out when times were so difficult that the tribe could not foster them. The leaders deemed it was "right" because the survival of the tribe was more "right" than the individual life of the offspring. Some cultures would consider that dispecable.

My thought for the day:

I was thinking about how many of the great movie stars of my day have gone. I was fortunate to have lived during a time when there was art in movies. Now days they are crap. There are no movies made like Gone With the Wind, The Godfather or Lawrence of Arabia. There are no stars like Clark Gable, Charlton Heston, Katherine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, etc.

Then I got to thinking about their lives. Many had problems. Clark Gable lost all his teeth due to infection. He had a drinking problem and what seems like a troubled life. He said he was most happy when he was married to Carole Lombard. She died at 33 due to complications from gallbladder surgery. They lived on a ranch. Isn't it interesting how many rich and famous people simply wanted to live on a farm or ranch and do what we do. Have cows, horses or even chickens.

Latest posts