Thought for the day

Help Support CattleToday:

Good post Steve, it gets sickening watching the leeches take advantage, but what the heck, makes them feel like they did something. 🤣

You have lost the debate when you go into defensive mode. If you have stated your position, don't exhaust the credibility of your thesis by over defending it. Use the time to present 'additional' information. If you over defend, it undermines the veracity of what you have already stated.

I mentioned avoiding "defensive mode". One should also avoid "denial mode".

Under some circumstances you have to put forth a denial but for the most part, avoid it. Most of the time a denial will not change anything. Likely the accuser is not being honest anyway. Sometimes a denial just comes out of thin air. For example, someone professes, "I don't cheat on my taxes". Most people read that as "I cheat on my taxes".

Avoid denials!

The thread about cattle markets prompted me to think about economics.

One often hears that this is fake or that is fake. When presented with a challenging issue, the easy method to dispense of it is to declare it FAKE. It is the modern practice of governance - anything that is a challenge to our values or policies is declared "FAKE".

Well, my thought. Our economy is substantially FAKE.

The US is running an annual deficit of ONE TRILLION DOLLARS. If you pour one trillion dollars of debt into Zimbabwe, they would have an economy that would be the envy of the world. Someday, the chickens are coming home to roost!

Bright Raven said:
The thread about cattle markets prompted me to think about economics.

One often hears that this is fake or that is fake. When presented with a challenging issue, the easy method to dispense of it is to declare it FAKE. It is the modern practice of governance - anything that is a challenge to our values or policies is declared "FAKE".

Well, my thought. Our economy is substantially FAKE.

The US is running an annual deficit of ONE TRILLION DOLLARS. If you pour one trillion dollars of debt into Zimbabwe, they would have an economy that would be the envy of the world. Someday, the chickens are coming home to roost!

The SS Balanced Budget sailed when the Great Society landed.

I will gladly defer to Alisonb, but if this is going to be a lasting thread, we should avoid patronizing or debate. These posts are not dissertations to be defended.

We had a group here that attacked anyone with opposing views. They didn't have the capacity to debate a subject, their only tools were to insult the poster. Let those days be gone.

This is not directed at anyone, I just have a fear that if we start debating everyone's "thoughts", this thread will go the way of the dinosaur.

Latest posts