This is why...

Help Support CattleToday:

I had to go up near pdf to get some chipper parts and go to some job sites to see how things were going then home this is what I ran into going home yesterday. My wife asked how long before I came to bring her dinner I sent her this pic she said nevermind lol

RIGHT BY THE DAIRY PLANT THAT USED TO BE THE OLD RICHFOOD DAIRY NEAR THE BOULEVARD EXIT OF I95....

I am about 3o miles NW of there....but spent many days at that dairy plant when I was in the milk marketing business....used to drive by it on the way to my office as well....

my boss is on her way back from Charlottesville and says it was pouring rain up there and she has been driving in the rain all the way back toward Richmond......here in Hanover courthouse we had a brief shower a few minutes ago but looks like it has quit now...

Yes sir thats exactly where I was. We have tornado watch till 430 out my way. My wife said they are busy in the ER this afternoon.

skyhightree1":2rcs3zd2 said:
Dave":2rcs3zd2 said:
This sort of thing is why it is against my religion to go north through Seattle or south through Portland. And next Tuesday morning I will be sliding past the east side of Portland...... please pray for me.

I have to go to that side of town its where I make majority of my $$ for my business. LOL enjoy if you have traffic send pics

Good thing is on my trip once I clear Portland and Gresham it will be clear sailing over Mt Hood to Bend. From Bend to Burns (130 miles) I will maybe pass a couple dozen cars. The next stretch from Burns to Burns Junction (93 miles) a person might not see another car. And then from Burns Junction to Winnemucca (125 miles) there will maybe a couple dozen cars. And the speed limit from Bend on is how fast do you feel comfortable driving. Well the posted speed limit is 55 and the highway patrol checks things out about once a month. If they are there they might stop you if you are exceeding 80 mph. Now that is the kind of traffic I like.

Yes sir I would love to not only see but a couple dozen cars on 95 here but truth be told you will see 24 cars soon as you merge onto the interstate

Yeah, next week I have to go through downtown Orlando for an appt. One small section is closed down for construction. With the way these idiots drive, it will totally suck and add half an hour for a 3 block closure. Went through Atlanta once, In rain, and never want to go back!

presmudjo":26ytgctr said:
Yeah, next week I have to go through downtown Orlando for an appt. One small section is closed down for construction. With the way these idiots drive, it will totally suck and add half an hour for a 3 block closure. Went through Atlanta once, In rain, and never want to go back!

better to go through atlanta in rain than snow or ice :D

Sky I heard about that fire, on the radio this morning.

pdf Charlottesville got a really good rain today, a few times! I was working over in Ivy and we finally got rained out. Greene Co got another decent rain last night.

I was down y'all's way a few weeks ago for a wedding, in Hanover, reception at the community center, Montpelier.

The farm where I used work was 32 miles from our farm. It used to take, on average, about 40 minutes to get there. When I first started there it was about 30 to 35 minutes but they added 2 traffic lights on 29, and reduced the speed limit in 2 places.

Katherine

Sky, I was thinking, if you did the pony express thing, People would want to put banners on you. Think of the potential.... Nike, Super 8 Motel, you name it........ Each horse would have a different ad on it. You would make more money on banners than you would me at work.

He can be a riding Burma Shave sign.

"I share your pain" Sky.
I had the drive into Cleveland just yesterday to go to the Piggly Wiggly store. Only 2 registers open and long lines at both.

Workinonit Farm":3ts45v85 said:

pdf Charlottesville got a really good rain today, a few times! I was working over in Ivy and we finally got rained out. Greene Co got another decent rain last night.

I was down y'all's way a few weeks ago for a wedding, in Hanover, reception at the community center, Montpelier.

The farm where I used work was 32 miles from our farm. It used to take, on average, about 40 minutes to get there. When I first started there it was about 30 to 35 minutes but they added 2 traffic lights on 29, and reduced the speed limit in 2 places.

Katherine

Montpelier center is about five miles crow flight from my place....

Chesterfield which is south of the James River got three inches yseteerday....her at the poor farm we on ly had about a half inch....the airport east of Richmond got 2 inches...pretty much too late for the corn but it will help the bean crop...

greybeard":27a0kryt said:
He can be a riding Burma Shave sign.

"I share your pain" Sky.
I had the drive into Cleveland just yesterday to go to the Piggly Wiggly store. Only 2 registers open and long lines at both.
GB you have a Piggly Wiggly down the road? Thought those were history.

pdfangus":vai1drob said:
Workinonit Farm":vai1drob said:

Katherine

Montpelier center is about five miles crow flight from my place....

Chesterfield which is south of the James River got three inches yseteerday....her at the poor farm we on ly had about a half inch....the airport east of Richmond got 2 inches...pretty much too late for the corn but it will help the bean crop...

PDF My gauge shows we got 1 inch it helped.

Latest posts