These 10 People Collectively Own 33 Million Acres, Or 1.5%

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
top%20landowners.png

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-1 ... ll-us-land

And then there is this...

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03 ... -property/

Only thing I see wrong with owning that much land is that I'm not on the list.

That Reed family is dirt poor!, that don't even have a third of John Malones' land!

I like that article about the EPA.. it shows very well what that agency is capable of doing when handled by a bunch of fanatics. The whole 'green' movement is a total sham... Hey, How about carbon credits? A 'green' idea that needs its own stock exchange? I think it's been taken over. You gotta pray for that Johnson fellow that he makes it out of this... but it won't change the EPA

The Bell in NM was on the market for a long time without any offers
It was priced at over a 100 million but Malone got it bought for less than 90 million I think
I didn't have quite enough to outbid him :lol:

Acreage is not the same as net worth. My farm ground is worth near double what my ranch ground is worth and it's less than ten percent of the acreage that I own.

Shouldn't Uncle Sam be 1st on that list? Still owns more land than all of them put together, I think.

It would be just an awesome feeling to hold the deed to a huge chunk of land. An awesome responsibility, too, but worth it.

MO_cows":37jun0vv said:
Shouldn't Uncle Sam be 1st on that list? Still owns more land than all of them put together, I think.

It would be just an awesome feeling to hold the deed to a huge chunk of land. An awesome responsibility, too, but worth it.
uncle doesn;t have to pay taxes on what he owns

A Yankee friend retired from work here in Texas and moved home after 30 years. He found out he had to get a permit to cut brush on the land he bought. Paid all kinds of fines.

He is back living here in Texas. All those years he looked forward to moving back "home". Two and a half years was all he could take. So now he's a dam Yankee. Good guy tho. He's got values I can accept. Even owns firearms.

Latest posts