The FOOD POLICE!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":15dykpfv said:
3Way, ya'll are lucky to have such a nutrionist that sees beyond the book. I know two nutrionists and neither of them no a thing about food. Had Thanksgiving dinner with one of these several years ago and I fell on the floor laughing when she asked me to carve the turkey and I found the bag of giblets still in the bird. At that time she had written or co-written two college text books and still didn't know how to cook a turkey. Seems to me this might be the root of our problem. You would think if someone goes into a field like nutrition they would at least be interested in cooking. Last Saturday I ate with another nutrionist and she told us of her Thankgiving bird and the surprise she found after cooking it. I almost died laughing at the similarity. Don't think she understood. Don't think she likes me now either. I still think its funny in a sad way.
Those that can, do. Those that can;t, teach

That's true Dun. I look back on some of my professors and realize though they had a way with words they really didn't know much at all about how things work in the real world. But I can't help but think someone going into a field should at least have a love or strong interest in it. I mean, could you imagine what it would be like if a PETA activist entered an Animal Science program with a masters in food lot management? Don't think it will happen. But why is it different with these folks.

Jogeephus":7jfs7h7f said:
That's true Dun. I look back on some of my professors and realize though they had a way with words they really didn't know much at all about how things work in the real world. But I can't help but think someone going into a field should at least have a love or strong interest in it. I mean, could you imagine what it would be like if a PETA activist entered an Animal Science program with a masters in food lot management? Don't think it will happen. But why is it different with these folks.

I have a customer that has a degree in Animal Science and is a flamin vegetarian. It kinda makes me sick knowin that and hearing him ask for things like Tofurkey. When I told him that I thought all the soy he was eating and feeding his kids was just as bad as meat he like to passed out.

Different strokes I guess.

Txwalt":3efegkux said:
upfrombottom":3efegkux said:
It didn't matter what we ate when I was a kid because we burned off every calorie. I think they are going about this backasswards. The way I see it, they are teaching kids how to be lazy and be healthy doing it.

I ate whatever I wanted in the army and always burned it off. I probably drank more calories than ate too. Anyhow I think you have it right.

Walt

Walt you were just pi$$ing off your money. :mrgreen:

Jogeephus":22h05ytg said:
3Way, ya'll are lucky to have such a nutrionist that sees beyond the book. I know two nutrionists and neither of them no a thing about food. Had Thanksgiving dinner with one of these several years ago and I fell on the floor laughing when she asked me to carve the turkey and I found the bag of giblets still in the bird. At that time she had written or co-written two college text books and still didn't know how to cook a turkey. Seems to me this might be the root of our problem. You would think if someone goes into a field like nutrition they would at least be interested in cooking. Last Saturday I ate with another nutrionist and she told us of her Thankgiving bird and the surprise she found after cooking it. I almost died laughing at the similarity. Don't think she understood. Don't think she likes me now either. I still think its funny in a sad way.
Joggee imagine what would have been inside that bird had it been butchered at home.

Probably would have sent the girl straight to the beauty shop to have here nails yanked, burned and some new implants put in.

What do y'all think about the plan to fix it so people can't buy sodas/pop/Coke/bellywarsh on FoodStamps??
I can see both sides on this..but what's next? The Vegetablarains get in and they/we can't buy meat?!
Where would it stop?

Good question. Is someone going to mandate that you can only buy white meat if you are on food stamps because dark meat isn't as good for you?

I've been laughing at all the news freak outs about all the things that people, kids, can use to get high.

Things to add to the banned substance list:

Four Loco,(which needed to be banned, and who thought that up?)
Bath Crystals, which look like bath crystals but are actually something you smoke? (that's a new one on me...)
K-2, (I think) synthetic pot (again, who thinks this stuff up? There's enough of the real stuff around here.)
NUTMEG! It turns out that the can of nutmeg you've had sitting on our spice rack for ten years can get you high if you ingest enough of it... Or you don't throw up first, or both
Salvia - I have this growing in the yard. Never knew I had a drug factory out there
Moon flowers - (gypsom weed?) the seed pods can be ingested some way or another, but it can be lethal. Again, got that stuff growing wild everywhere... who knew?

That's just stuff I heard about in the past month.
And coming soon - Caffeine! Look for government controls on this in your near future.

After all, we are too stoopid to look after ourselves. :nod:

Lammie have you heard anything about not allowing bake sales anymore in the schools unless these foods met the USDA standards of being healthy? Heard something about this on the news the other day.

Lammie you Rock !!!!!!!!! You remind me of a few teachers I had. They listened to you and treated you like people ;not just as something that took up time and gave a pay check .

As for pizza, there are much more unhealthy things for kids to ingest than that .

Jogeephus":tyl2nzwj said:
Lammie have you heard anything about not allowing bake sales anymore in the schools unless these foods met the USDA standards of being healthy? Heard something about this on the news the other day.
Jo they started several yrs ago when my oldest daughter who is 23 now not letting parents bring anything to school for special events such as Bdays or any of the class parties that wasn't store bought
they said a person might try and poison the kids so it all had to be store bought and in sealed packages or you couldn't bring it and serve it to the class

Angus Cowman":2xddlnou said:
Jogeephus":2xddlnou said:
Jo they started several yrs ago when my oldest daughter who is 23 now not letting parents bring anything to school for special events such as Bdays or any of the class parties that wasn't store bought
they said a person might try and poison the kids so it all had to be store bought and in sealed packages or you couldn't bring it and serve it to the class
That's the way it has been here for several years now also. Our school cafeteria stopped cooking. We are on the third year now of eating pre-cooked, heated food. It's definitely not the same. Those women can/could cook if they would let them! But it's cheaper this way, supposedly.

Jogeephus":2zac1rp0 said:

Yep, that's the rule. If you bring you own lunch, they can't control what's in ther, though. We have to have permission to have bake sales and they can't be during lunch. The ag dept used to sell beef sticks and jerky but can't do that anymore. It's getting a deep in here...

Lammie":2c1rggbw said:
Jogeephus":2c1rggbw said:

Yep, that's the rule. If you bring you own lunch, they can't control what's in ther, though. We have to have permission to have bake sales and they can't be during lunch. The ag dept used to sell beef sticks and jerky but can't do that anymore. It's getting a deep in here...

Lammie not to worry Gov. Rick and Greg Abbott will not enforce the federal laws until Sarah gets in. Then we can eat all we want and get fat and have heart attacks , develop diabetes and such.

Lammie":s9cgmvl5 said:
...If you bring you own lunch, they can't control what's in ther, though...It's getting a deep in here...
One of my grandsons brought home a letter the first day of school last year saying that due to 3 students in the building with peanut allergies, students bringing their lunch to school could not bring anything with peanuts, peanut butter, anything fried in peanut oil, anything processed in a plant that processed peanut products, etc. etc. etc. The list went on and on. School said they were worried about children trading lunches. My daughter-in-law said unless they were packin' her kid's lunch, she'd send whatever she be nice well pleased! After a couple hundred phone calls, mostly irate, they sent home a new letter the second day, retracting that provision. Seems it wasn't a district policy, just a building principal's brain fart.

The whole peanut thing is getting out of hand. Someone at the elementary made peanut butter play dough the other day. I can't believe they did it. Not only did it break the sacred rules, it also took a chance that some kid would have a reaction. You'd be surprised at the things that are processed along with foods that contain peanuts.

I knew one kid with a peanut allergy when I was in school, and not until high school. I grew up in peanut territory.

I have heard of kids having reactions from just touching a sandwich. Geez.

Yet, they make this stuff called plumpy nut that they feed to starving kids in Africa or wherever, and none of those kids are allergic. Makes you wonder...

Lammie":245d6wjn said:
...You'd be surprised at the things that are processed along with foods that contain peanuts...
My wife has celiac. It's the same for wheat and wheat gluten products. It sure makes grocery shopping a major chore and expensive. I tease her about her 'meat and chocolate' diet!

hurleyjd":d8ym5pon said:
Lammie":d8ym5pon said:
Jogeephus":d8ym5pon said:

Lammie not to worry Gov. Rick and Greg Abbott will not enforce the federal laws until Sarah gets in. Then we can eat all we want and get fat and have heart attacks , develop diabetes and such.
There shouldn't even be a friggin federal law. Why don't the feds enforce their own law about illegals. You don't seem too worried about that one Mr. Yellow Dog Lib. Dem.

I think it's a shame that we have to try and legislate this sort of thing. It would not be necessary, I don't believe, if schools could just decide for themselves what they serve in the cafeteria. I know it's because they get federal and state funding, depending on how many kids they have on the lunch program, but gee whiz, folks.

I didn't always like our school lunches when I was a kid, but they were balanced and home made. In high school, we only had a snack bar that sold burgers and burritos and stuff. And 11 and 12th grade had open campus lunch.

I only remember a couple of fat students when I was in school. Funny, we were all eating the same unhealthy foods...

Lammie":18vx5ikq said:
I think it's a shame that we have to try and legislate this sort of thing.
That's 99% of wehat;s wrong. Some putz with an agenda pushes for stuff that isn;t really their business.

Latest posts