The FOOD POLICE!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Probably some former fattie that the other kids made fun of...

I can't believe that I wrote that.

Lammie":1xtv9gtx said:

Lammie...heard yesterday that these "new and healthier" lunches cost the school district approx. $.25 more per meal. The feds reimburse them $.06.

TexasBred":26v66lzw said:
Lammie":26v66lzw said:

Lammie...heard yesterday that these "new and healthier" lunches cost the school district approx. $.25 more per meal. The feds reimburse them $.06.

Well, we are famous for our unfunded mandates. Used to see that all the time when I was with MHMR.

The whole point is, that given the choice between healthy and sorta healthy, most of the kids will choose the least healthy option. They're kids. At home, you get what Mom cooks and it isn't something you like, then you have the option of eating or being hungry.

dun":h4tbwt3h said:
Lammie":h4tbwt3h said:
I think it's a shame that we have to try and legislate this sort of thing.
That's 99% of wehat;s wrong. Some putz with an agenda pushes for stuff that isn;t really their business.

I just thought ya'll might like to see the face of the mother of two who is suing McDonalds over McDonalds forcing the parents to let the kids eat there. The lady is Monet Parham and you can see her picture in the attached thread. From the looks of her picture she must really be into health food and is probably doing a wonderful job feeding her chillen. If you dig just a bit you will find that she just isn't any mother but a regional director for California's food police. (See I told ya'll affirmative action was wrong) Anyhow, the media isn't showing the whole story. Dig a little and you will see this is right. Now I have a question, if this state employee wins her lawsuit who gets to keep the money - her or the state of California.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ldren.html

Here's he bio and contact information. Wonder why they didn't just say she was a government worker in the article?

Name: Monet Parham-Lee, MPH
Title: Regional Program Manager
Organization: Network for a Healthy California, CA Dept. of Public Health
Address:1616 Capitol Ave
City: Sacramento State: CA Zip Code:95814
Phone: (916) 552-9906
Email: [email protected]
Monet Parham-Lee serves has a Regional Program Manager within the Network for a Healthy California; a program of the California Department of Public Health funded by the USDA-Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly the Food Stamp Program). She spends most of her time at the Network providing consultation, technical assistance and on-going support for the Regional Networks which facilitate the full integration of a variety of State Network-level functions on the regional level, bringing services and support closer to Network-funded projects and partners serving the low income audience. Ms. Parham-Lee also serves as the Network's lead staff person on early childhood matters, working closely with several Network funded Statewide Leadership Projects focused on early nutrition and physical activity. Prior to joining the Network, she worked in a variety of health services, childrens services, and public health programs at the State-level, as well as with the Greater Sacramento Urban League.

Latest posts