Thank you Lord!

Help Support CattleToday:

Over five inches at home and farm had a little over four inches. In another week four more inches would be great. But it is cool and beautiful this morning.

cmf1":z4yfd0ne said:
It woke me up at about 3:30 AM coming in heavy.
8:30 AM now and still sprinkling with just over 4 1/2 in the guage.
Get ready ALA.
nearly 3 in. here sat morning, but i bushhogged anyway....was able to clean out the lowspot that wont be dry again to next summer

Woke up to SNOW on the peaks today and lot of it. We will most likely freeze tonight. Better pick the peppers and the Eggplant and cover the maters

slick4591":339vte0p said:
Being that our low this morning was 57 I can't imagine freezing temps.
me either.. still folks working on their second cutting..but im thinking we may get our first frost before the middle of Oct. though

greybeard":2vy89u83 said:
And the Pacific front just making it on to the PacNW is expected to push as far south as the Gulf Coast by next week's end, bringing more rain with it.

That front was supposed to move in yesterday. The guys from the video auction were scheduled to be here at 9:00 in the morning to film my heifers. I was thinking this is going to be a wreck. Getting heifers to pose for their pictures in a 35 mph wind and heavy rain just didn't sound very good. But, Thank you Lord. The weather held off. To the degree that we wrote up the contract on the hood of the pickup. When we got done I hopped in the pickup and didn't get a mile up the road and the skies opened up.
Not as much wind or rain as they were predicting. It rained heavy at times but not at all steady. But the temperature sure dropped. They are saying snow levels to 5500 feet by tomorrow.

Got a little over 5 1/2 inches of rain Thursday nite (I think it was). Temp this morning was 58.. felt my neck sort of swelling. :cowboy:

TexasBred":y8x71zu6 said:
Got a little over 5 1/2 inches of rain Thursday nite (I think it was). Temp this morning was 58.. felt my neck sort of swelling. :cowboy:

Haha who are you kidding. You know you are way too old to rut!

Holy shinola. Down here at 500 ft., it is getting cooler. High 40's at night and 70 in the heat of the day. But snow? One field of soybeans I drive past everyday is dropping leaves. Others are yellowing. And I see some yellowing in the corn.

3waycross":300n9j4t said:
TexasBred":300n9j4t said:

Got that right all he can do is walk up and down the fence and beller.
That is just to let the young bulls know he is a bull.

Monarch Ski Area this morning. 18 miles from my house. 10,000' Chain law in effect for the first time this year.

1234518_207666966066505_242764361_n.jpg

Caustic Burno":2mmpbczl said:
3waycross":2mmpbczl said:
TexasBred":2mmpbczl said:

Got that right all he can do is walk up and down the fence and beller.
That is just to let the young bulls know he is a bull.

Like the old boy said when the doctor told him to give up half his sex life....Didn't know whether to stop talking about it or thinking about it. :!:

3waycross":3e3gglxh said:
Monarch Ski Area this morning. 18 miles from my house. 10,000' Chain law in effect for the first time this year.

Now it is WAY TOO SOON to be showing us pictures like this! Let us at least have a fall, and enjoy it first! :x

Fire Sweep Ranch":1eav8vhv said:
3waycross":1eav8vhv said:

Now it is WAY TOO SOON to be showing us pictures like this! Let us at least have a fall, and enjoy it first! :x

That is fall here. 1963 Labor day we got 29in of snow overnight in Town....or it could be drier than a popcorn fart. I'll take the snow

We got 1 1/2" of rain Saturday night. We've been planting green fields and deer plots, and more rains a coming. I don't see a frost here until November.

Latest posts