Thank you guys!

Help Support CattleToday:

f150fatboy

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for the help you give on here. I had to pull a calf yesterday from a first time heifer. Afterwards, she didn't seems to have any interest in the calf. I told my wife that I had read on CT that if you sprinkle some milk replacer on the calf that the heifer may take it. I don't remember who said it but it worked! The little feller seems to be doing well even in the rough weather we are currently having. Just a quick reminder that even if you all don't hear it often, those of us who lack some experience listen to you and heed your advice. Thanks again! :D

I and others have recommended sprinkling her milk and O NO MO on it after that. But i have never heard of using milk replacer however I am glad it worked for you.

Kingfisher":1cemkmrx said:
Why or how does that work?
I really don't know why or how, I assumed it was because the milk replacer (co-op calf pro) is sweet. It smells that way anyway. After I sprinkled the powder over him, she started licking it off and eventually cleaned him off. It was a hard pull and it took me and the wife both to pull him, never used chains until this year and have used them twice. After an hour or so we decided to try the replacer, worked this time and will try again if needed.

Latest posts