Texasbred what do you think of these?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well it is "Hi Mag" but low on phos and very high on salt, calcium and vitamins. Should be relatively inexpensive but I'd be concerned about getting enough consumption.

I've used something like this in the past. https://www.southernstates.com/catalog/ ... 50-lb.aspx
The local feed guy just got the performance brand Hi Mag in stock and its half the price that southern states is. I tried one bag and the cows seem to consume more than the SS brand.
I'm using this for cattle I'm feeding gluten to. I've read I need a high calcium and mag mineral.

That's the only drawback to most hi mag minerals is that you DO get the mag but not much of anything else but since that's what you need the most I reckon you can make it work especially if they will consume it.

this is my minerals I use most

ResizedImage_1449543625791_zps5eowqvhy.jpg

Toad":2nsq3z2a said:
I've used something like this in the past. https://www.southernstates.com/catalog/ ... 50-lb.aspx
The local feed guy just got the performance brand Hi Mag in stock and its half the price that southern states is. I tried one bag and the cows seem to consume more than the SS brand.
I'm using this for cattle I'm feeding gluten to. I've read I need a high calcium and mag mineral.
You get what you pay for, most of the time. I use Southern States mineral and feel like it's some of the best. It seems like the cheaper the mineral the more red the color is? Iron oxide is cheap I guess.

I've said this before, I sure wish someone would make a low protein high mag tub with the bloatgaurd proxalene. (?spelling) for cattle grazing ww and oats.

fenceman":1orgqdyw said:
I've said this before, I sure wish someone would make a low protein high mag tub with the bloatgaurd proxalene. (?spelling) for cattle grazing ww and oats.
Don't think I've seen any around here. It would be pretty expensive. Seems Stockade Brand or Sweet Lix use to make a pressed block (33 lbs. ) with it but haven't checked in ages.

BTW ram that red iron oxide is very expensive but doesn't take much to turn a ton of mineral very red. It's extremely fine sort of like the old red folks used in chalk lines. I want to say it use to cost around $6 a pound and takes a pound or two per ton to turn it red. Same for the green, black and gold that Cargill uses.

Latest posts