New type of bottle

Help Support CattleToday:

definitely looks different. is that an air vent valve close to the bottom of the bottle?

I've heard of em, but never seen one!

Does the teat just snap on?
I've had trouble with those in the past. It'll make u invent new words when the nipple comes off...
This one is threaded and screws on and off from the cap piece that screws on the top of the jug /bottle . (If that makes sense )IMG_5639.jpeg

I ordered one of those Peach Teats. It's not here yet. Honeydew is due to calf in a few weeks. I don't care for those honking big rubber nipples on the regular bottles, I've had to force calves to drink from them. Since I will be raising bottle heifers from now on I want something they take to. Unfortunately you have to also buy the bottle with goes with it but whatever.

I ordered one of those Peach Teats. It's not here yet. Honeydew is due to calf in a few weeks. I don't care for those honking big rubber nipples on the regular bottles, I've had to force calves to drink from them. Since I will be raising bottle heifers from now on I want something they take to. Unfortunately you have to also buy the bottle with goes with it but whatever.
I think you'll like it . You can hold it with one hand .

They make a "foal/lamb" nipple to go on the regular "calf bottles" I try to start most all my calves on it... the nipple is smaller like many/most cow teats and they do real well on them...
I prefer the screw on ring and the nipple separate... and I have the older style that is a bigger "mouth" to the bottle... makes cleaning much easier with a good bottle brush... I do not like the snap on nipple bottles as much because the opening is smaller and a little harder to clean... the new "regular calf bottles" with screw on nipple and ring, have an even smaller opening and a pita to clean.

It's similar to the Trusti Tuber that has a nipple attachment. And love the vent! Yeah, it's pricy, but the best by far IMO if you need to tube a calf.

This was recommended last season for a scoured dairy calf I had and man o man has is been a game changer. I can't remember who recommended it and if it was you THANK YOU!!!!!! It worked so well I gifted one to our dairy friends. They will never go back they say. Being able to feed whatever amount and use either the tube or the nipple (peach teat nipple basically) is so convenient. Actually currently using it to tube electrolytes to our newest dairy calves who are scouring.

Latest posts