Oops I think I pulled a Murray

Help Support CattleToday:

Does she have any teeth? Do you know how young she is? Mastitis like that tends to be more in an older cow than a young one. She is in a pretty bad way, I hope you can turn her around. Whoever sold her to you should be ashamed to have taken money for her. They should have paid you to take her.
Ken
I finally got her mouthed today. She has four permanent teeth so I think that makes her just a 3 year old. She seems to be doing really well just on pasture now. I offer her grain when she comes in to feed her calf twice a day or to be hand milked (that's a whole different story on the calf) and she doesn't seem real interested in grain. Must be getting enough grass because she is looking pretty good compared to a month ago. Still has a ways to go but I stand by my original thought that she just had piss poor care wherever she came from.

It's always amazing how they can turn around with a little care.

U say u are milking her??
Been hand milking her the last week to ten days I'd say just enough for the calf two times a day and giving him bottle til he got back on his feet. Thought for sure he was going to die but he somehow pulled through and he's back on cow full time as of today. She did lose that second quarter so she's down to two quarters.

Well I'm going to call this one a failed project. I sent the Jersey cow to the sale today. I still have the Hereford calf and he has had way too many issues to list. He just tries to find new ways to die every other week or so. Currently has swelled knee which I'm pretty sure is joint ill. Too hard to find him out in big pasture to check on him and treat him so I pulled him from the cow. She wasn't happy being separated from the herd so I left her with the rest of the cows and she would come down and feed him twice a day. He refuses to drink milk replacer so started him on grain and he eats grass/hay real good and drinks well. I guess I'll try to keep him alive long enough to either sell late this fall or butcher early.

Well I'm going to call this one a failed project. I sent the Jersey cow to the sale today. I still have the Hereford calf and he has had way too many issues to list. He just tries to find new ways to die every other week or so. Currently has swelled knee which I'm pretty sure is joint ill. Too hard to find him out in big pasture to check on him and treat him so I pulled him from the cow. She wasn't happy being separated from the herd so I left her with the rest of the cows and she would come down and feed him twice a day. He refuses to drink milk replacer so started him on grain and he eats grass/hay real good and drinks well. I guess I'll try to keep him alive long enough to either sell late this fall or butcher early.
Well dang it all!
She had a rough start for sure. I'm sorry to hear she and the calf didn't work out. Like ya said, may be best to eat him!

She was so pretty too!
Screenshot_20230805-115214_Samsung Internet.jpg