tell me about this calf...3pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Sanddollar Sweetness (Nessy)
D.O.B. 3/30/2006

I think she's a pretty good calf... Thats her mom behind her, this is her first calf.

I don't think she has any Watusi in her though ;-)

DSC00213_Small_.JPG

DSC00214_Small_.JPG

DSC00211_Small_.JPG

Well?

Ryan

I like the calf. I actually had a 3/4 Pinzgauer cow that looked just like that mama. She was a little too small but lasted 17 years (I kept her one year too many) without ever losing a calf. It is too early too say; but I think the heifer will be better than the mama. Beefier, deeper, and wider. Too early too make horn predictions on either one though.

All I can say is...Good Gawd! What a calf!

Alice

I don't care what breed it is, that is one fine looking calf. Nice muscle.

gaw dang pinz in that calf or what

just kiddin' ryan, very nice looking pair of Texas Longhorn cattle. I applaud your program, i have yet to see you post a crappy animal.

Just for fun! Assume for a couple of minutes that the calf is the ONLY animal in any of the pictures - completely ignore the other animals in the pictures. Now - what breed would you presume that the calf is? If you didn't know the birth date - when do you think she was born? Would you keep her for a replacement heifer?

This is one great calf, and you have every right to be button-busting proud of her. What are your long term plans for her?

DOC HARRIS

Thats a very nice heifer, I would have no problem adding her to my herd.

mnmt

Ryan,

You already know my opinion but just to let everyone else know. I have seen her in person and I am, by no means, an expert but I would say she is just about the nicest calf I have ever seen within the Longhorn breed. After I saw this calf I imediatley decided to send one of my best cows to be bred to this calf's sire, Stinger.

Great job Ryan.

Googly Moogly

DOC HARRIS":sfcjb2sb said:
Just for fun! Assume for a couple of minutes that the calf is the ONLY animal in any of the pictures - completely ignore the other animals in the pictures. Now - what breed would you presume that the calf is? If you didn't know the birth date - when do you think she was born? Would you keep her for a replacement heifer?

This is one great calf, and you have every right to be button-busting proud of her. What are your long term plans for her?

DOC HARRIS
Herf/Red Angus, 3 months old.

That is a very impressive longhorn. And like someone else said, you've never posted any bad ones.

Nice looking little calf -

If someone was in your area with an empty cattle trailer and it was really really dark, where is the weakest link in your fence? And, if you answer that question, the next question would be - where in Texas do you live?

Beautiful calf - congratulations.

:x ok ok ok :mad: fellas enough with the watusi jokes lol, i've taken my beating :idea: and if you look up in this thread you'll see i've commented positively on this good lookin' heifer. I appologize to all for my sh!t... ;-)

Thanks for all the comments everyone. We are pretty excited about this calf's potential. Her dam is a out of 2 world grand champions, and is a full sister to the Winningest Texas Longhorn of all time, and her sire is our Stinger bull who i've posted multiple pictures of.

DOC HARRIS":bh7rjtpx said:

DOC HARRIS

Thanks DOC. Our long terms plans for her are pretty simple. They are for her to be a Show Heifer, then a Show Cow, then a pasture cow raising us show calves. We expect pretty great things from her, considering her pedigree and how she looks right now. I wish I had 50 more just like her, but I just got her. And I do think she will be either our number 1 or 2 2006 born heifer (we've got a full sister to this calf's dam in the pasture on mom that is looking good)

Ryan

Soon after I started on this forum,I posted the question why had nobody bred improved Longhorns, through selection, rather than the wholesale upgrading that occurred in the early 1900's,this would have supplied a hardy, adapted breed to base crossbreeding programms on.
Coming from a background of improved native cattle breeds, I like these selected Longhorns and wish there were more around for commercial crossbreeding.
A very nice hiefer, she would be a credit to any herd.

She looks pretty good to me other than you have'nt burned those horns off yet but I could help with that.

Latest posts