Right Time 7861 bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Our second batch of Right Times are almost a month old. Will try and get some pics when the wind slows down.

I'm kinda liking this calf. His full brother sold to South Dakota for $7250 this spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_082536.jpg
    IMG_20240417_082536.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 18
I'm kinda liking this calf. His full brother sold to South Dakota for $7250 this spring.
Good looking calf. It's neat to me that while the bull calves look good his daughters are going to be his calling card. They have the nicest disposition post calving and good mothering instincts as
well.

Good looking calf. It's neat to me that while the bull calves look good his daughters are going to be his calling card. They have the nicest disposition post calving and good mothering instincts as
well.
I have 12 replacement heifers and 7 of them are 7861 daughters. The 2024 calves had 8 bulls and 5 heifers. All the heifers look promising at this point. I need to get an email off to Spicklers and get some more semen ordered.

Here is another one should be a good one. Out of FRANK Bandy Maid 6005.

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_113256.jpg
    IMG_20240417_113256.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 11
I ordered some 7861 semen this week for use in September. At $100/straw I only ordered 5 doses, $50/straw is my sweet spot, I might reconsider next year if the fertility of the semen turns out OK. I don't mind spending $100 but have had some bad experiences with ABS semen in the past so I will tread warily.

Ken

I ordered some 7861 semen this week for use in September. At $100/straw I only ordered 5 doses, $50/straw is my sweet spot, I might reconsider next year if the fertility of the semen turns out OK. I don't mind spending $100 but have had some bad experiences with ABS semen in the past so I will tread warily.

Ken
Are all American bulls priced that high? The semen on Right Time 7861 was collected at World West in Billings Montana. They have a solid reputation.

Are all American bulls priced that high? The semen on Right Time 7861 was collected at World West in Billings Montana. They have a solid reputation.
No, I buy a lot of good bulls at around the $50 mark. We don't have to buy a certificate to register them. If you are just doing commercial cows many older bulls are available at substantial discounts. ABS here seem to think they can charge a lot extra for bulls that they have exclusive rights to, some top selling local bulls they are involved with they are asking ridiculous money for, they probably only get used in a flush.
Good to know that 7861 was collected by a reputable outfit, thanks for that info.