Old time champ

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
IMG_1659.pngMy 2nd cousin, the family historian, posted this on Facebook. His brother is in the article about the construction accident. The other man unfortunately died from complications.

I thought the champion steer was interesting. Still under the influence of the belt buckle era.

View attachment 38875My 2nd cousin, the family historian, posted this on Facebook. His brother is in the article about the construction accident. The other man unfortunately died from complications.

I thought the champion steer was interesting. Still under the influence of the belt buckle era.
And sold for .30 a lb.

That steer sold for $0.30 per pound in 1967. Black was already getting a premium at that time. Most likely an angus as well.

The young owner is still in the cattle business, but runs a pure herd of fleck style Simmental.

Shorthorn was the most popular around here at that time.

The sidebar article mentions a local shorthorn breeder who showed all over the country. He was known locally as Pop. I got to see some of his trophies and plaques one time when I was in his home, he was very successful.

Latest posts