Television will kill you

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Friend nearly died last week from a double dose of malaria and dengue fever. Doctor said when he got to his office he was a just a few hours from death. Pretty close call and a pretty unique way to die but he is a unique sort of guy so one might expect this. Apparently when his gold pan didn't fill to the brim in Alaska he headed off to Ghana to hunt diamonds. Came back with a hand full and this nice tropical disease.

Unfortunately alot of those fortune seekers are going to Alaska or Guyana to seek gold or diamonds. Big risk.

Jogeephus":3o62h3wp said:
Friend nearly died last week from a double dose of malaria and dengue fever. Doctor said when he got to his office he was a just a few hours from death. Pretty close call and a pretty unique way to die but he is a unique sort of guy so one might expect this. Apparently when his gold pan didn't fill to the brim in Alaska he headed off to Ghana to hunt diamonds. Came back with a hand full and this nice tropical disease.

Saw in the news yesterday that there are at least 8 confirmed cases of dengue fever in Miami and none of the ill had been overseas. In other words they got it locally from skeeters!! I'd just as soon Florida would keep it's state bird in check.

A HS friend of mine got the Dengue fever in as he described it, a 3rd world heck hole. He worked (I use the term loosely) for the UN supervising elections in "new nations". Nearly killed him.

Latest posts