Tax Bill

Help Support CattleToday:

I feel that that there is some possibilities out of this, it will help small businesses again, which hasn't happened in a long time, corporate tax rate has gone down which makes us more competitive overseas and keep companies from leaving, a lot of the regulations have been cut out, tax forms will be a lot easier, regulations on banks etc, as a small business owner I'll look at this as a glass half full instead of half empty. :2cents:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
In the grand scheme, I don't see much change. Less taxes are always better, but the downhill slide is irreversible. The debt will continue to increase. A yearly balanced budget will never be passed by the present or future Congress. Inflation will continue until one day.......!!! But what do I know.

boondocks":bupbieq9 said:
Deep Medicare cuts coming in 2018 to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, per Paul Ryan and reported by Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/ ... -base.html

Everything does indeed seem upside down...

To rein in spending, entitlements, i.e., Medicare, etc., have to be cut. Every independent assessment for the past 40 years has concluded that spending cuts have to include Medicare.

Bright Raven":34zfut00 said:
boondocks":34zfut00 said:
Deep Medicare cuts coming in 2018 to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, per Paul Ryan and reported by Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/ ... -base.html

To rein in spending, entitlements, i.e., Medicare, etc., have to be cut. Every independent assessment for the past 40 years has concluded that spending cuts have to include Medicare.

I bet if the govt stops paying out so much you will we the cost of things come down to match that. They need to cap student loans also.

Brute 23":a91454qy said:
Bright Raven":a91454qy said:
boondocks":a91454qy said:

I bet if the govt stops paying out so much you will we the cost of things come down to match that. They need to cap student loans also.

Student loans should be abolished. If you cannot pay for an education, you don't deserve one.

Bright Raven":36u5axyi said:
Brute 23":36u5axyi said:
Bright Raven":36u5axyi said:

Student loans should be abolished. If you cannot pay for an education, you don't deserve one.
But....but....but.....education is a basic Human Right!!! please note the sarcasm

zirlottkim":cfpp4uwz said:
Bright Raven":cfpp4uwz said:
Brute 23":cfpp4uwz said:

But....but....but.....education is a basic Human Right!!! please note the sarcasm

The people is the problem. They only see government as "What can you do for me?"

So government barrows money to make sure it does all it can do.

Bright Raven":3scaurqy said:
zirlottkim":3scaurqy said:
Bright Raven":3scaurqy said:

The people is the problem. They only see government as "What can you do for me?"

And they spend 100k on a useless degree. Liberal arts. Then complain they can only find a job mcdonalds

skyhightree1":1kt5u9mv said:
These fat cats are getting fatter how is it fair if someone makes 30k a year pays more taxes than someone making 3 million a year ? What math and logic are they using?

Do you have an example of where that actually happened? The 3 millionaire is probably sending some of that money back out in the form of a job somewhere

Craig Miller":2x7indj0 said:
skyhightree1":2x7indj0 said:
These fat cats are getting fatter how is it fair if someone makes 30k a year pays more taxes than someone making 3 million a year ? What math and logic are they using?

Do you have an example of where that actually happened? The 3 millionaire is probably sending some of that money back out in the form of a job somewhere

I have been reading over the years but did a quick search here is a couple links but if you google it its very disturbing

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/09/busi ... eport.html

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streett ... id/638367/

The New York Times is the one who said Trump has never paid taxes, and was wrong by millions. Consider the sources before you make any judgments. Medicare shouldn't be cut, Medicaid should be abolished. Health insurance, medical care shouldn't be financed by the taxpayers. If you ain't paid taxes you get no tax dollars.
At least the tax cut is going to those that actually pay taxes. We're not adding to the deficit to buy the deadbeats and freeloaders phones, food, health insurance, housing, and heating oil and the list goes on and on.

Bright Raven":mkhqjpjy said:
zirlottkim":mkhqjpjy said:
Bright Raven":mkhqjpjy said:

Just glad someone paid taxes or the government borrowed money to pay us. Makes no difference where the money came from we both were paid a check and we were taxed to give some of it back.

Bright Raven":1bllolv5 said:
Brute 23":1bllolv5 said:
Bright Raven":1bllolv5 said:

There was a time when students lived on campus, ate all meals in the cafeteria and worked when they got out of class everyday. Made school much more affordable and you didn't start your career deep in debt.

TexasBred":38pljoln said:
Bright Raven":38pljoln said:
Brute 23":38pljoln said:

There was a time when students lived on campus, ate all meals in the cafeteria and worked when they got out of class everyday. Made school much more affordable and you didn't start your career deep in debt.
But that's no fun TB, I've had that discussion more than once, and the master debater wins every time.

T.b, I remember a time when my high school teachers had a summer job to supplement their salary, because they don't work all year, that extra job is no longer needed and they still don't work all year, hmmm wonder were that money comes from.

I wouldn't go nearly so far as to say there should be no student loans. My siblings and I all had small ones (scholarships and work study paid most of the expenses). We were quite poor, and even a tiny gap would have made college not do-able. We all graduated (science nerds), got decent jobs, paid them all back with interest, with no deferments or missed payments.
I agree with not giving out student loans for bs (for-profit) schools and cosmetology degrees, pet grooming degrees, underwaterbasketweaving degrees...

boondocks":2i7h1swt said:
I wouldn't go nearly so far as to say there should be no student loans. My siblings and I all had small ones (scholarships and work study paid most of the expenses). We were quite poor, and even a tiny gap would have made college not do-able. We all graduated (science nerds), got decent jobs, paid them all back with interest, with no deferments or missed payments.
I agree with not giving out student loans for bs (for-profit) schools and cosmetology degrees, pet grooming degrees, underwaterbasketweaving degrees...

At least those folks can find a job once they graduate, unlike a liberal arts degree of some sort.

The House-Senate tax bill will provide near-term benefits to many ag producers, but rate reductions and estate tax changes beneficial to ag are temporary, according to national ag accounting and business advisory firm K·Coe Isom.

"The core of this bill is a 21% flat rate for C corporations," said Doug Claussen, Principal and CPA with K·Coe Isom. "Most farm businesses are not structured as C corps and won't benefit from this rate unless they restructure. For farms that are structured as C corps, those in the 15% tax bracket would actually see a tax increase from this flat rate. The majority of farmers, however, are sole proprietors or structured as pass-through entities. These farmers should see some benefits from the deduction for business and pass-through income, immediate expensing of capital purchases, and to some degree from reductions in individual rates."

The tax bill cuts the tax rate for C corporations to 21% from 35% beginning in 2018 and reduces tax rates for the highest individual earners. The bill also includes a 20% deduction on business and pass-through income and flattens and reduces individual rates — though by a much smaller amount. Finally, the tax bill effectively repeals the alternative minimum tax for many farmers and will allow for immediate expensing of most capital purchases.

In addition to positive changes for agriculture, the tax bill also repeals or limits a number of provisions important for farmers:

The bill limits the ability of farmers to carry back losses only two years rather than the current five years.
The bill limits the ability of larger farmers to deduct business interest expense.
The bill repeals the Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD/Sec. 199) deduction used by many farmers and cooperatives.
The bill eliminates the use of like-kind exchanges for personal property.
"One key concern among agriculture is that the benefits of this bill – lower rates, bonus depreciation for immediate expensing, increased limits for estate taxes – these are all temporary. The individual rates and estate tax changes expire at the end of 2025 while the bonus depreciation begins phasing out in 2022 and fully expires in 2027. The loss and limitations on deductions currently used by farmers, however, are permanent," said Claussen. "Farmers could see their taxes increase in the future if rate reductions or enhanced expensing provisions are allowed to expire."

"We will be working closely with our clients over the coming months to help them assess their individual tax situations and determine whether they need to reorganize or otherwise change their operations to benefit from this bill," said Brad Palen, a Principal and ag CPA with K·Coe Isom. "The tax code didn't get much simpler – in some respects this bill actually raises new questions for farmers. We believe that many ag businesses will do just fine with these changes but we'll need to think carefully to tailor solutions for each individual ag business we serve."

Latest posts