They are going to tax our mileage

Help Support CattleToday:

Mrcopier

Reaction score
I thought that was the whole purpose of the fuel tax????? the more fuel you bought, the more tax you paid.
Fuel taxes won't work when people aren't buying fuel to burn. If you want to maintain tax revenue in a world of electric vehicles, you either need to tax electricity or mileage.

Fuel taxes won't work when people aren't buying fuel to burn. If you want to maintain tax revenue in a world of electric vehicles, you either need to tax electricity or mileage.
sorry buck, didn't see anything in the bill that specified that they were only going to tax electric vehicles.
The bill also has a vehicle tracking program in it.

Democrats want to use this to try out a new vehicle per-mile driving tax.
can you post that part of the bill?

sorry buck, didn't see anything in the bill that specified that they were only going to tax electric vehicles.
The bill also has a vehicle tracking program in it.

Democrats want to use this to try out a new vehicle per-mile driving tax.
can you post that part of the bill?
Why would it be specifically for electric vehicles?

could you explain your previous comment if not implying that the tax is for electric vehicles?

could you explain your previous comment if not implying that the tax is for electric vehicles?
It is a way of maintaining revenues when electric vehicles are the norm. I don't expect them to give a break for non-electric vehicles, because it's being discouraged. They'll just apply it across the board.

It is a way of maintaining revenues when electric vehicles are the norm. I don't expect them to give a break for non-electric vehicles, because it's being discouraged. They'll just apply it across the board.
Buck with all due respect electrical vehicles won't ever be the norm. But these idiots will break the bank trying to make it work then declare it a huge success.

I think you are a little confused! now you are telling me the same thing that you disagreed with earlier. reminds me of my dog that runs in a circle trying to lick his b***hole.

Roads don't pay for themselves, so tax revenue has to come from somewhere. Fossil fuel use is terrible for the planet, so why not incentivize people to move away from it?
But this President is all about paying people NOT to do something. Maybe instead of a tax he will pay everyone not to buy gas diesel and motor oil. Can't wait to see our "all electric" military.

I think you are a little confused! now you are telling me the same thing that you disagreed with earlier. reminds me of my dog that runs in a circle trying to lick his b***hole.
Maybe I haven't been clear. Mileage tax will be for all. Electric vehicles will pay it. Conventional vehicles will pay it in addition to fuel tax. Taxes will be higher on fossil fuel burners.

Latest posts