They are going to tax our mileage

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't see electrical vehicles being the norm around here. The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) can't keep the heaters on in the winter and air conditioning on in the summer. Back in the spring they issued an alert that they may be blackouts due to lack of wind.

Buck with all due respect electrical vehicles won't ever be the norm. But these idiots will break the bank trying to make it work then declare it a huge success.
They are going to have to build a lot of nuclear, hydro and coal fired power plants.
Talk about inefficient use of power it's just physics 101.

Buck with all due respect electrical vehicles won't ever be the norm. But these idiots will break the bank trying to make it work then declare it a huge success.
Why do you think that? There's every reason to think they'll be the better vehicle in the fairly near future.
Would you rather make your own electricity or your own gasoline?

Roads don't pay for themselves, so tax revenue has to come from somewhere. Fossil fuel use is terrible for the planet, so why not incentivize people to move away from it?
Fossil fuel use isnt the problem. The problem is the Pepsi machines that pop out a kid every 10 months for the rest of the country to pay for.
So they can grow up on welfare and food stamps and drive a 300 dollar jalopy that pumps raw fuel out the tailpipe and blow black smoke polluting the lakes and killing all the fishies.

But that's really another subject....

Don't see electrical vehicles being the norm around here. The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) can't keep the heaters on in the winter and air conditioning on in the summer. Back in the spring they issued an alert that they may be blackouts due to lack of wind.
The infrastructure act has a plan for that:

"Directs the secretary of energy to create a program to facilitate aid to states and tribes to reduce the risk of electricity outages through the modernization of infrastructure. Authorizes $5 billion for the program for FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Directs the secretary of energy to create the Program Upgrading Our Electric Grid and Ensuring Reliability and Resiliency to facilitate aid to and boost collaboration with grid owners and operators. Authorizes $1 billion for the program for FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Creates a Transmission Facilitation Program to support the development of transmission infrastructure. Establishes the Transmission Facilitation Fund within the Treasury Department to carry out the program, and permits the secretary of the treasury to loan sums for the program. Authorizes $10 million annually for the program over each of FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Authorizes $3 billion for the Smart Grid Investment Matching Grant Program from FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Authorizes $3.5 billion for the Weatherization Assistance Program in FY 2022."

Seems like the thought is that every issue can be solved with money and if not, then more money is needed. Probably going to need a program for the people making the printing presses and the paper for the money. They are going to be working overtime.

This is also in there - "Directs the secretary of energy to draw down and sell 87,600,000 barrels of crude oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve from FY 2028 through FY 2031." That might be premature. Maybe the thinking is to sell it while it is still worth something. After we convert to "rainbow stew" for our energy needs, I guess the demand and price for that crude oil will drop off.

When your vehicle runs out of fuel, how do you carry a bucket of electricity.
You live 80 miles from the nearest hospital and a family member is having a heart attack and your battery is low.
Does your family member just die without a chance?
Hurricane comes through and your without electricity for months? So all the homes are going to be backed up by fossil fuel fired generators?

I know how Hames and trace chains work.
I have been watching the Amish closely as 13 horse and buggies on the road last week. I followed one buggy and that horse was making 12 MPH right along. That beats walking. I still have my old 10 speed bike, but that was probably 50 lbs. ago.

Fossil fuel use isnt the problem. The problem is the Pepsi machines that pop out a kid every 10 months for the rest of the country to pay for.
So they can grow up on welfare and food stamps and drive a 300 dollar jalopy that pumps raw fuel out the tailpipe and blow black smoke polluting the lakes and killing all the fishies.

But that's really another subject....
Reminds me of the trash next to my farm, 10 kids everyone drawing checks and running around all hours in pos vehicles and atvs. If there not doing that they're yelling and screaming at each other

Roads don't pay for themselves, so tax revenue has to come from somewhere. Fossil fuel use is terrible for the planet, so why not incentivize people to move away from it?
I assume you practice out of a Prius?

Another tax to put the few working people left out of business. I drive constantly for work, bad enough to pay for fuel and the tax on it. I don't see an EV anytime in the near future that I can put a 25,000# gooseneck behind and pull for 300-400 miles stop and refuel in less than 10 min. and be back to work.

Meanwhile the POS's that vote the idiots in that pass this crap just have to walk to the mailbox then pizz away that check on the Chinese crap SHIPPED to their door by Amazon. You know how good for the enviroment Chinese manufacturing is. Throw in batteries, clearing oxygen creating trees for solar farms and power plants and this green movement gets gray pretty quick. If all these idiots that think this is such a great idea would just quit exhaling we could do wonders for our carbon footprint.

Do we need a lot of bridges replaced, roads repaved and public utilities improved in this country-absolutely! A bill that spends trillions we don't have on s#$& we dont need and creates yet another tax that cripples the working man first and foremost NO! Just how long can this country sustain this level of stupidity?

Another tax to put the few working people left out of business. I drive constantly for work, bad enough to pay for fuel and the tax on it. I don't see an EV anytime in the near future that I can put a 25,000# gooseneck behind and pull for 300-400 miles stop and refuel in less than 10 min. and be back to work.

Meanwhile the POS's that vote the idiots in that pass this crap just have to walk to the mailbox then pizz away that check on the Chinese crap SHIPPED to their door by Amazon. You know how good for the enviroment Chinese manufacturing is. Throw in batteries, clearing oxygen creating trees for solar farms and power plants and this green movement gets gray pretty quick. If all these idiots that think this is such a great idea would just quit exhaling we could do wonders for our carbon footprint.

Do we need a lot of bridges replaced, roads repaved and public utilities improved in this country-absolutely! A bill that spends trillions we don't have on s#$& we dont need and creates yet another tax that cripples the working man first and foremost NO! Just how long can this country sustain this level of stupidity?
Would love to comment but I think you hit the nail on the head

Will most vehicles be electric in the future, probably so but probably not in the next 30 years. The biggest problem with the electric system is massive growing pains. People are using lots more power now and there are lots more people. Renewables were allowed to flourish without considering the consequences. New regulations have actually caused the system to be less reliable because they made it cost prohibitive to use all the modern tools at hand. I've spent over 30 years in the electrical utility industry and have warned upper management and regulators that what we're experiencing now was coming but nobody wanted it here it. It will get worse before it gets better.

I make money. I can pay taxes.

Technology develops quickly where demand exists. Electric semi trucks are already on the road. They still have limitations, but I expect they'll catch up to diesel.

We can invest in the technology now, or play catch up when China gets there first.

Here is some info on the battery. Maybe 10-15 years from now if the infrastructure is up to par some can use it. You will have a lot of throwaway cars.

I have always wanted one of these. We want need roads with these.

space-car-full.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts