They are going to tax our mileage

Help Support CattleToday:

Will most vehicles be electric in the future, probably so but probably not in the next 30 years. The biggest problem with the electric system is massive growing pains. People are using lots more power now and there are lots more people. Renewables were allowed to flourish without considering the consequences. New regulations have actually caused the system to be less reliable because they made it cost prohibitive to use all the modern tools at hand. I've spent over 30 years in the electrical utility industry and have warned upper management and regulators that what we're experiencing now was coming but nobody wanted it here it. It will get worse before it gets better.
The biggest problem of electric anything is the misunderstanding that the power has to come from somewhere and that is going to be some source of energy (to start) other than a battery. Then you never have 100% transfer of energy from source to battery, Buck knows that roads cost money but so does power generation, power outlets and wiring to make mass plugin possible. That will be a dream come true for the meth addicts ripping out all of the copper wire in parking lots with recharge ability. Then you have the issue of more mining for battery materials, disposal of batteries and whatever else is a hazardous waste or is non-recyclable. I hope that the USPS doesn't go all electric - that service is too slow now. But likely they'll have to try to prove they are elite and try some.

I make money. I can pay taxes.

Technology develops quickly where demand exists. Electric semi trucks are already on the road. They still have limitations, but I expect they'll catch up to diesel.

We can invest in the technology now, or play catch up when China gets there first.
I notice you didn't answer the question. Hypocrisy is your calling card like most liberals.

Secondly making money and paying taxes is not the point and realize that it will get to the point you pay so much in taxes you dont make money. You increase prices that puts a strain on your clients, because we all know how much money there is in the dairy business, and you price yourself out of work because costs have to be cut somewhere. That or they just plain go out of business due to increasing regulations. How much do you think an electric silage chopper costs? Meanwhile these taxes you love to pay are pizzed away by politicians on these BS pork filled spending bills. I don't mind paying taxes at a reasonable level. I do mind my hard earned money being thrown away rather than being used properly by some jack azz in a suit that doesn't know squat about what it takes to scratch a living out of the dirt, buying votes with my tax dollars to keep his cushy job. You keep smiling and voting for these clowns. For somebody with such a problem with slavery you keep heading towards being one for Uncle Sam. Where is your puffed out stance on accountability now? Oh yeah that only applies to Republicans and mostly just Trump.

First car was a 67 Impala with a 396. If you drove with some sense, 13.5 mpg with low gears, 15" tires and a three speed automatic.

Best mileage I ever got with my 2007 Chevy with a 4.8 liter (288 cubic inches approx) was 14.5 mpg, 4 speed auto, 17" tires. Fuel injection vs carb. Explain this please?

Fuel efficiency should be much greater than what is. That's what needs to happen.

I notice you didn't answer the question. Hypocrisy is your calling card like most liberals.

Secondly making money and paying taxes is not the point and realize that it will get to the point you pay so much in taxes you dont make money. You increase prices that puts a strain on your clients, because we all know how much money there is in the dairy business, and you price yourself out of work because costs have to be cut somewhere. That or they just plain go out of business due to increasing regulations. How much do you think an electric silage chopper costs? Meanwhile these taxes you love to pay are pizzed away by politicians on these BS pork filled spending bills. I don't mind paying taxes at a reasonable level. I do mind my hard earned money being thrown away rather than being used properly by some jack azz in a suit that doesn't know squat about what it takes to scratch a living out of the dirt, buying votes with my tax dollars to keep his cushy job. You keep smiling and voting for these clowns. For somebody with such a problem with slavery you keep heading towards being one for Uncle Sam. Where is your puffed out stance on accountability now? Oh yeah that only applies to Republicans and mostly just Trump.
I thought the answer was implied. No, I don't drive a Prius. Not opposed to buying an electric truck in the next few years as the technology develops, though.

The dairy industry is not going to go belly up. It will probably continue to consolidate, with or without regulations. The survivors will find a way.

Taxes in the US are low, and it shows. Roads, bridges, and public buildings are in bad shape. Internet access is inadequate for rural populations. We pay extortionate prices for healthcare. Public universities are priced way out of the range of what most can reasonably afford. It shouldn't be that way. We're saving a nickel by keeping taxes low, then having to pay a dime on the "free market".

The infrastructure act has a plan for that:

"Directs the secretary of energy to create a program to facilitate aid to states and tribes to reduce the risk of electricity outages through the modernization of infrastructure. Authorizes $5 billion for the program for FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Directs the secretary of energy to create the Program Upgrading Our Electric Grid and Ensuring Reliability and Resiliency to facilitate aid to and boost collaboration with grid owners and operators. Authorizes $1 billion for the program for FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Creates a Transmission Facilitation Program to support the development of transmission infrastructure. Establishes the Transmission Facilitation Fund within the Treasury Department to carry out the program, and permits the secretary of the treasury to loan sums for the program. Authorizes $10 million annually for the program over each of FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Authorizes $3 billion for the Smart Grid Investment Matching Grant Program from FY 2022 through FY 2026."

"Authorizes $3.5 billion for the Weatherization Assistance Program in FY 2022."

Seems like the thought is that every issue can be solved with money and if not, then more money is needed. Probably going to need a program for the people making the printing presses and the paper for the money. They are going to be working overtime.

This is also in there - "Directs the secretary of energy to draw down and sell 87,600,000 barrels of crude oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve from FY 2028 through FY 2031." That might be premature. Maybe the thinking is to sell it while it is still worth something. After we convert to "rainbow stew" for our energy needs, I guess the demand and price for that crude oil will drop off.
They forgot one thing. Who is going to do the work when they are getting paid for doing nothing??

I thought the answer was implied. No, I don't drive a Prius. Not opposed to buying an electric truck in the next few years as the technology develops, though.

The dairy industry is not going to go belly up. It will probably continue to consolidate, with or without regulations. The survivors will find a way.

Taxes in the US are low, and it shows. Roads, bridges, and public buildings are in bad shape. Internet access is inadequate for rural populations. We pay extortionate prices for healthcare. Public universities are priced way out of the range of what most can reasonably afford. It shouldn't be that way. We're saving a nickel by keeping taxes low, then having to pay a dime on the "free market".

Sure taxes are low, if you look there is a story about some guys that got on a boat and threw stuff overboard then wrote a letter to some tyrants raising their taxes and started a war over it. Low/ represented taxes and freedom are what this country was built on and I for one am tired of that being forgotten.

You get no argument from me that the infrastructure in this country is in dire need of repair and improvement. To bad they have wasted all that money we have already paid in taxes rather than doing their job. Cut out welfare and all their pet programs and we have plenty of money in the existing tax base to do what is needed. Maybe since they haven't done their job they should forfeit their salaries for a few years to pay us back. Don't impose another tax that is directed squarely at the working man. That is not taxation that is a representation of my needs or yours if your honest with yourself. Also if you pass an infrastructure bill it should not be 2700 pages of loopholes and pork but rather a concise list of projects and monies allotted to them. I should be able to read it in 10 minutes and know exactly where my tax dollars are being spent and where to go drive over that bridge or use that phone line.

As for healthcare in this country the motor was knocking on that and your buddy Obama just pulled the plug and let the rest of the oil out. I see the inner workings of that first hand. Free enterprise in that industry was not great but politicians didn't help it at all nor will they in the future.

As far as college tuition goes plenty of scholarships out there for those that apply themselves and I actually would have no problem with tuition REIMBURSEMENT after a completed degree above a C grade average and a job.

With regard to infrastructure and the environment, no point in continuing issuing new emission regulations if were already over the carbon point of no return.
It might be a pig project but I wouldn't mind seeing us try to reclaim some desert land as a massive carbon sink.

Buck, you do know that you can give however much money you want to the irs. Your required tax due is just the minimum you have to pay, heck you can even give more to whatever budget you want to. I think if I really believed in all that, that's what I would do.

All green energy cost the tax payers a pile of money and pretty much does nothing for the environment. Wind, solar, electric cars, and battery storage will cost taxpayers a fortune. Look into what Canada is doing. They are subsidizing wind to the tune of 4.2 Billion for 7% over their power.

Latest posts