Tax Bill

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller":b7dqj4d6 said:
Bright Raven":b7dqj4d6 said:
Craig Miller":b7dqj4d6 said:
:banana: Looks like about 1000 extra a year for me. I'll have to find something to spend it one now.

Buy Chinese stocks so you got a head start when they own us.

I'm leaning toward one of those laser things like they put in stores to tell them somebody came in. I figure that should buy me a few extra minutes to know when somebody is coming down the drive before they get up to the house.

Great idea. Then you can have the gun in your hands, out the front door, and taking aim before they can stop. Should allow you to punch tickets on a whole car load.

I'll save my money, I remember a while back when the Japanese were going to own us, I still don't have any chopsticks.

haase":3o0oefdd said:
I'll save my money, I remember a while back when the Japanese were going to own us, I still don't have any chopsticks.

Nor me a phone.

Anyone looking for the government to make things better for themselves really just don't understand much about government.

I have to preface this by saying that I'm not familiar with this website (I usually stick to well-known journalism sites for news). But if this is true, it's interesting: https://theintercept.com/2017/12/18/tax ... k-buyback/
It notes that one of the main selling points of the plan was to put money back in the corporate coffers so they'd reinvest and hire US workers. However, the concern is that the companies will instead simply buy back stock (and no doubt pay their woefully-underpaid CEOs more). I would have tied any corporate tax breaks to specific pro-employment targets. The powers that be shot down that idea, last I heard...

Craig Miller":1ipmdvs3 said:
Bright Raven":1ipmdvs3 said:
Craig Miller":1ipmdvs3 said:
:banana: Looks like about 1000 extra a year for me. I'll have to find something to spend it one now.

Buy Chinese stocks so you got a head start when they own us.

I'm leaning toward one of those laser things like they put in stores to tell them somebody came in. I figure that should buy me a few extra minutes to know when somebody is coming down the drive before they get up to the house.

Spend the big bucks and go thru a black market arms dealer and you can get the laser that does the detecting and shooting all at one time.

boondocks":32p7svsu said:
I have to preface this by saying that I'm not familiar with this website (I usually stick to well-known journalism sites for news). But if this is true, it's interesting: https://theintercept.com/2017/12/18/tax ... k-buyback/
It notes that one of the main selling points of the plan was to put money back in the corporate coffers so they'd reinvest and hire US workers. However, the concern is that the companies will instead simply buy back stock (and no doubt pay their woefully-underpaid CEOs more). I would have tied any corporate tax breaks to specific pro-employment targets. The powers that be shot down that idea, last I heard...

I don't doubt the information in that link. Theoretically, that should bring a lot of capital back to US markets.

boondocks":3pk6bz47 said:

I've given up any hope that jobs are coming back to the US. We've been lead to believe that Americans are too lazy and too stupid for far too long.

Bestoutwest":8i4x2duy said:
boondocks":8i4x2duy said:

I've given up any hope that jobs are coming back to the US. We've been lead to believe that Americans are too lazy and too stupid for far too long.
We've enabled a sector of the population in this country to do nothing and survive, is the way I see the problem. Then add the government restrictions on businesses in this country, and it's amazing we're still the US of A.

True Grit Farms":1jtnd3vt said:
We've enabled a sector of the population in this country to do nothing and survive, is the way I see the problem. Then add the government restrictions on businesses in this country, and it's amazing we're still the US of A.

I hear what you're saying. We have a whole segment of society that has grown up dependent on the government to provide. However, I sometimes wonder if that's a product of the government's overreach or the fact that we have no basic manufacturing jobs. I know you know people that will be able to mentally handle a job as difficult as pushing a broom in a factory. If there are no factories, this person has no job. Now, the argument of that person getting paid $17/hour+healthcare+retirement is a whole other argument.

But I think that there's several problems at work here:
1) corporations have been too easily allowed to move operations overseas.
2) workers were demanding too much money for not that difficult a job. This is probably the worst one.
3) we're training our children to rely on technology to employ them when there are still tons of jobs in demand, making good money, that use their hands (welders, construction, linemen, etc), and we don't have the skilled workers we're going to need in the next couple of decades.

True Grit Farms":2iq6gi5w said:
Bestoutwest":2iq6gi5w said:
boondocks":2iq6gi5w said:

Those are factors - I cannot deny. There are many others. The cost of production catches a lot of factors and that is what drives corporations to produce elsewhere. In time, it will balance out as other countries demand what we expect here. That time is a long way off!

Brute 23":3eg0551d said:
Looks like it may make it... I'm ready. :D Its not very often we get some thing back from the government. Even if its only for a couple years Ill take what I can get. We are doomed any ways... might as well break the bank giving the money back to the tax payers. :lol:

:clap: :clap: Love it.

kenny thomas":37mbrdok said:
The government makes it better for millions, just not us the working class.

I have a strong feeling if they go through with this and it passes these officials in the office now that voted for this. Will be getting the boot.

skyhightree1":23yjs6xp said:
kenny thomas":23yjs6xp said:

I have a strong feeling if they go through with this and it passes these officials in the office now that voted for this. Will be getting the boot.

I dunno. I never thought I'd see the day when working men (and women) think that corporate fatcats deserve more money, tax breaks for their private jets...permanent corporate tax cuts, increases in the deficit...I find it quite confusing, personally...

boondocks":1d84w5s7 said:
skyhightree1":1d84w5s7 said:
kenny thomas":1d84w5s7 said:

I dunno. I never thought I'd see the day when working men (and women) think that corporate fatcats deserve more money, tax breaks for their private jets...permanent corporate tax cuts, increases in the deficit...I find it quite confusing, personally...

It defies explanation. It really does. As Grit said, this is the opposite of conservatism. It is the Age of Extremism is all I can figure!

Bright Raven":vqy952o8 said:
boondocks":vqy952o8 said:
skyhightree1":vqy952o8 said:

It defies explanation. It really does. As Grit said, this is the opposite of conservatism. It is the Age of Extremism is all I can figure!

I agree seems the working man is always going to take it in the shorts these days...All I ask myself is how does any of this make sense ? Sure would be nice if the work mules could stop working for year and see what they thing about that. These fat cats are getting fatter how is it fair if someone makes 30k a year pays more taxes than someone making 3 million a year ? What math and logic are they using?

skyhightree1":24qwsmm1 said:
I agree seems the working man is always going to take it in the shorts these days...All I ask myself is how does any of this make sense ? Sure would be nice if the work mules could stop working for year and see what they thing about that. These fat cats are getting fatter how is it fair if someone makes 30k a year pays more taxes than someone making 3 million a year ? What math and logic are they using?

They are using logic that the lobbyists and those rich backers handed them. All I know is that according to everything I've seen, I'll see a little bit of a kickback, but that it will come at the price of adding trillions to our debt.

Bestoutwest":16ypogf4 said:
skyhightree1":16ypogf4 said:

They are using logic that the lobbyists and those rich backers handed them. All I know is that according to everything I've seen, I'll see a little bit of a kickback, but that it will come at the price of adding trillions to our debt.

Sounds like a great plan I cant wait.. :lol:

Well there is a possibility that the tax bill will help put Americans to work. The wall isn't built but emigration has slowed to a trickle, but please don't tell anyone. And the EPA has been losing the battle against business lately. It's one thing to go into debt trying to get ahead, but to go further into debt to try and spend your way out? I can't see it working but there's a lot I don't understand that goes on, look no further than stock market. And who would of ever thought our newly elected POTUS would give money to those that earned it instead of the freeloaders and deadbeats.
All we can do is sit in the back seat and hold on, and hope for the best for the US of A.

Anything is possible but at the end of the day it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it but keep chopping wood and hope those in DC don't burn it faster than we can split it.

Latest posts