Sure sign of rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
When these babies start moving, you usually get a gully warsher in a day or two. Seen several today.

I thought the sure sign of rain was when I mowed hay.

This is one of the first years I haven't seen any snappers out roaming. I did find a very large one floating in my pond. Not sure if it died of old age or what, but it sure did stink.

This one had a distinct smell. I also sometimes think I can smell a snake.

M.Magis":36asszjy said:
I thought the sure sign of rain was when I mowed hay.

This is one of the first years I haven't seen any snappers out roaming. I did find a very large one floating in my pond. Not sure if it died of old age or what, but it sure did stink.
I commented the wife just sunday that we hadn;t seen any.
Did have a diller that drowned floating in one of the ponds though

TennesseeTuxedo":25c794km said:
You can't smell a snake.

My mother could, or always said she could, and when she said she smelled one, wasn't long before we found one--usually a copperhead.

Most animals have a paticular or unique smell. We don't like our smell, and call it body odor.

You absolutely can smell a snake. Especially a water moccasin. Me and a buddy walking down the creek to go fishing and we both smelled him at the same time. Stopped and saw him move a few seconds later.

Garter snakes smell foul, though I've never found one by the smell... The rubber boas we have here don't smell at all (that I can tell)..

I've never been able to smell one before seeing it, but I know garter snakes and water snakes smell horrible if you touch them. I've heard about cottonmouths and/or copperheads smelling like cucumbers, but fortunately never experienced it myself.
I also think some people have a much better sense of smell than others.

Latest posts