Stupid Dog!

Help Support CattleToday:

We had a schnauzer years ago. He was two in one: the first and the last. My wife finally found someone to take him. When she took the dog to the lady she came home and said "I told her that if the dog didn't work out to call me and we'd take it back". I replied "You didn't give her the right phone number, did you?"

I turned my labs out this morning and smelled the dreaded skunk stench. Luckily not on them! But it was a close call. I got lucky this time. Giving 4 of them baths at 5am would NOT have been fun! :shock:

tater74":gz5kivz7 said:
M-5":gz5kivz7 said:
I'm curious how its your fault? Sound like "her" dog is to blame. Key word here is ,"her"
Obviously, you don't know how it works at our house :)

Sounds like my house. She has a dog, I have cows. I take care of both. She wants a horse, told her she can have one when she takes care of the dog. This has kept me from having a blamed horse for 10 years. Washing and feeding the pup is a welcome trade in my book.

There's a product out there called Skunk Away in a black and white bottle. I got it from my vet, but I think you can get it from pet stores. You put it on the dog and I promise, when you rise it off, the scent is gone. My Blue Lacy gets after skunks until they are dead. I used this on her and you couldn't tell she'd been around skunks. My other Blue Lacy gets serious acid burns with skunks, so he avoids them like the plague. A friend of mine "deskunked" his dogs like they de-snake dogs. He got a stuffed toy skunk, put skunk cover scent on it and when his dogs smelled them, he shocked them. He claims it worked.

tater74":31ght5d6 said:
The last thing I wanted to do this morning @ 5 AM was to give my wife's skunk sprayed schnauzer a bath. I hope it will be the last, but I doubt it. He hasn't shown that he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

If he was waitin on me to wash him he'd still be stinking :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
But I'm sorry your dat started that way tater :tiphat:

Latest posts