Steak recipe?

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky

Reaction score
Just thought I would ask what everyone's favorite way to cook their steak is. I sure like those ribeyes cooked on the grill. I wanted to see what each of your favorite marinade or sprinkle or mix is and then borrow some recipes to give them a try.

I like to marinade them in Dale's sauce for a couple of hours. Let em stand till room temperature, sprinkle some lawry's seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper and put on the grill 4 minutes per side - let rest about 5-8 minutes then serve. (1 inch thick) It'll make you slap your mamma!

Slap the piece of meat on the hot grill for 2 1/2 minutes, flip it over for 1 to 1 1/2 miinutes. A little salt as it's being eaten. If it's less then 3/4 inch, knock a minute off the first side and half a minute off the second.

dun

dun":2g5kwey5 said:
Slap the piece of meat on the hot grill for 2 1/2 minutes, flip it over for 1 to 1 1/2 miinutes. A little salt as it's being eaten. If it's less then 3/4 inch, knock a minute off the first side and half a minute off the second.

dun
Why not just run out in the pasture and sink your teeth into one still mooing?

Just kidding Dun, but I want mine done!

dun":hnlyg4rb said:

dun

medium rare---gotta have the pink in the middle---hubby likes your idea....also only eats his with a dash of salt and maybe a dash of pepper! Says "Sauce only ruins the taste of the beef!!"
:D

I like mine good and dead. Don't want nothin red on my plate unless its ketshup, and thats for the fries.

ranchwife":107vl8o8 said:
dun":107vl8o8 said:

dun

medium rare---gotta have the pink in the middle---hubby likes your idea....also only eats his with a dash of salt and maybe a dash of pepper! Says "Sauce only ruins the taste of the beef!!"
:D

Hubby has it right! If you don;t like the taste of meat eat veggies. Those need all of the camoflauge they can get to make them palatable

dun

Melt a stick of butter in your skillet over medium heat.
Cover the steak with Jane's Mixed Up Salt and toss it in the skillet. Cook to desired doneness. The salt mixture really brings it around.
An electric skillet works really well too.

plain simple BBQ'd with nothing added, a little pink in the middle, served with chips and a mixed salad nothing better, in my opinion. ;-) Oh! and not forgetting washed down with a nice cold beer.

dun":2vapuekk said:

dun

You don't need sauce that way! We knew a guy that liked his 45 seconds each side.

All these replies sure make a person hungry, lol. I normally just cook mine on the charcoal grill and leave it medium rare and put a little salt on it. However, once in awhile, I have eaten a steak that had a certain blend of salt, garlic, maybe a little pepper, or something and it is just incredible. I guess I am always searching for that perfect blend, that was the point of my starting this thread that may make us all start up the grill tonight.

When I marinate, I use soy sauce, lemon juice, and a touch of olive oil and a few dashes of McCormicks. This is great on most steaks. Then grill for 4 or so min. on each side and sit for several min. I usually put an onion and a bit of butter in foil on the flame for side dish and fried potatoes, and of coarse like Chrisy says and a nice cold beer.

;-)

chrisy":2ixn60cz said:
plain simple BBQ'd with nothing added, a little pink in the middle, served with chips and a mixed salad nothing better, in my opinion. ;-) Oh! and not forgetting washed down with a nice cold beer.

They have BBQ in Blighty?

I'm thinking it may not be what we refer to as BBQ around these parts. Grilled steak and BBQ are two different things. ;-)

As far as grilled beef, there are only three seasonings: salt, pepper and garlic, all used sparingly. If it has to be basted then melted butter with soy sauce will work for me. If there ain't alot of pink in the middle it's overcooked.

milesvb":3ny2x209 said:
chrisy":3ny2x209 said:

They have BBQ in Blighty?

I'm thinking it may not be what we refer to as BBQ around these parts. Grilled steak and BBQ are two different things. ;-)

As far as grilled beef, there are only three seasonings: salt, pepper and garlic, all used sparingly. If it has to be basted then melted butter with soy sauce will work for me. If there ain't alot of pink in the middle it's overcooked.

BBQ here is over charcoal grill and cooked outside....normal grill is under the gas cooker grill...and the gridle is on top of the hob cooker, I think much the same as yours if I remember rightly when I was over in May. If it must be marinated then a dash of cidar vinegar, soy sauce and English mustard and a pinch of cinnamon and a drip of tabasco mixed to a paste in a glass of red wine and left to sit for about an hour then BBQ, makes a good kick to the flavour, but why spoil a good steak. also this marinade works for pork chops (cutlets) add a pinch of chinese five spice to pork yummy this is making me feel hungry, as it is now dinner time I think I will go make some pork chops on the barbie. see ya all soon. :p

milesvb":21tz0tsu said:
chrisy":21tz0tsu said:

Cooking things on a charcoal or propane grill is just that - grillin'. BBQ is a different thing entirely. BBQn' would involve slow cooking meat for long hours over select hardwoods. BBQ is a dish of shredded meat mixed with various seasonings and eaten as a main dish or as a sandwich. And we all know that pork makes the best BBQ, afraid CAB is takin' the back seat on this one.

Bullbuyer":1f3eyu2v said:
milesvb":1f3eyu2v said:
chrisy":1f3eyu2v said:

Cooking things on a charcoal or propane grill is just that - grillin'. BBQ is a different thing entirely. BBQn' would involve slow cooking meat for long hours over select hardwoods. BBQ is a dish of shredded meat mixed with various seasonings and eaten as a main dish or as a sandwich. And we all know that pork makes the best BBQ, afraid CAB is takin' the back seat on this one.

the BBQ we have is the same as the ones in Australia, wood grilling is an intirely different thing....that is slow charing here. we don't use propane gas, only on camping trips, we use northsea gas it is much better, it is faster and easier as it is piped in. no bottles required, it is refined and piped in straight from the rigs in the sea.

Marinate the steaks in beer and Tony Chaceres. Put em on the grill ( or barbque, for ya'll what calls it that) till they are barely pink inside. Put em on a plate, grab you a baked tater,small salad, and dig in. HMMMM HMMMM. ;-)

marinade is for a cheap roast (certainly not a good steak)
and my favorite is plain old Italian salad dressing in a ziploc plastic bag for an hour or so
if cut about 1 - 1 1/2 inch thick - grill on low until done (your preference) slice against the grain - eats like steak

for steak, pepper and garlic on both sides when it first goes on the grill - grill to taste - enjoy

Latest posts