Who makes the best steak?

Help Support CattleToday:

I love steaks my favorite food. Been when traveling i like to try out the local BBQ. We have some pretty good ones here. For years i thought the best was Clarks in Tioga TX. But last year i found the best In New Baden IL A fine Swine. That brisket melts in your mouth about like Chocolate it is special!

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
I can't remember the last time I ordered a steak out. I do get Prime Rib, but no steaks. Steaks are best at home.

I seldom ever order a steak out either. Home raised is better. I also will occasionally get prime rib, but mostly I eat seafood out because I can't grow it!!!!!
As for the chipped beef on toast; yes I make it, and yes I like it. I also had a bunch made up by a processor that I took alot of "older meat" out of my freezer when getting ready to put in a new animal. Had Chipped beef which is not quite as salty as the "jarred stuff" so I don't have to soak it, and they made hot dogs out of my beef, I like the ones with the cheese in them, and I had beef snack sticks in several flavors, bolognas of several types, my favorite is sweet lebanon....it isn't cheap, but I know the meat that is in them.

My favorite has to be from a 2 yo home grown corn fed steer. My favorite cut is Prime Rib, i like to sear it on a cast iron skillet then bake in the oven, perfer mine medium.

I had a pretty good steak on our trip to Yellowstone. A little hole in the wall place in a one horse town. Originally I stopped in because of the name and I wanted to see if they had a Tee shirt. It was the "Cowboy Bar and Eatery" in Fishtail Montana. I had their rib eye steak. I didn't get a Tee shirt but the steak was the best I have had in a while.

Latest posts