Spring is over I guess.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Already had our 1st tropical system come thru and 100F temps expected in central and parts of S. Texas this weekend. Only supposed to get to 97 here on Sunday, but humidity will be high enough to make heat index 104F.
https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/drizzle-on-wednesday-then-100-degree-temperatures-this-weekend

It was 87 yesterday but spring came back for a quick visit today. It topped out at about 55 and rained most all afternoon. It is supposed to get up to 61 tomorrow. But into the 90's by Tuesday and stays in the high 80's and the 90's from then on. But that will be great hay dying weather for all this grass we have.

We hit 104F two weeks ago and this was jut the temp.

Silver said:
I don't know how you folks do it down there.

The trick is to get started early and acclimate yourself as the temp rises and under no circumstances go in any place that has air conditioning becaue it will ruin you. If you do it like this its not too bad.

As long as I'm outside and doing something..moving around/working, it is tolerable.
Just sitting or standing almost motionless in the sun and high humidity heat is not.

Latest posts