Speed trap

Help Support CattleToday:

The city of Spring Hill, TN has just annexed land into the city that is on both sides of I-65 about 40 miles south of Nashville. The Board of Mayor and Aldermen stated publically that their express intent of doing so was to enable the local police department to patrol I-65 in that area.

There are no exit ramps in the area. There are no marginal roads that lead off the interstate. There have been no accidents in the area. The speed limit is 70 miles per hour in that area, but as usual, many people exceed the speed limit.

I'm not endorsing violation of the speed limit, but, can you say, "Government fund-raiser"?

Tom in TN

I can remember a few years back when Farmersville was a pretty good speed trap area, or at least had a very very vigilant policeman. I guess he retired!

jw":1t9p1odp said:
I can remember a few years back when Farmersville was a pretty good speed trap area, or at least had a very very vigilant policeman. I guess he retired!

If they were old enough to retire, then they weren't writing many tickets here. It's always been the young ones that thought they had something to prove. If you got a ticket from an old one you musta really screwed up. :lol2: Now the next town west of us, Princeton, is and has been notorious for working 380.

I was fortunate to never get one, but I remember they always set up just east of the DQ on 380. And yes, they set up very regular in Princeton. Usually just on the West side of the lake around that curve. Gotta beware!

john250":2k9fpk22 said:
My little town aspires to be a speed trap, but IN state law won't let us have our own judge. We could write a bunch of tickets, but they all have to go to county court, so whats the point.

The violator doesn't have to know that. Just do like Cuthbert Alabama does and just demand cash on the spot.

Jogeephus":1aos58qf said:
john250":1aos58qf said:
My little town aspires to be a speed trap, but IN state law won't let us have our own judge. We could write a bunch of tickets, but they all have to go to county court, so whats the point.

The violator doesn't have to know that. Just do like Cuthbert Alabama does and just demand cash on the spot.

I'll mention that to the next councilperson I see.

john250":16mbw0oa said:

Better yet, convince him to get a large grant and hire me as a consultant and I'll recommend this and you and I can split the money. :mrgreen:

Jogeephus":hv1ys9wg said:
john250":hv1ys9wg said:

Better yet, convince him to get a large grant and hire me as a consultant and I'll recommend this and you and I can split the money. :mrgreen:

Do you have experience setting up speed traps and what is your percent?

john250":12kn7lpy said:
Do you have experience setting up speed traps and what is your percent?

If your county actually wants me to offer something of value in return for a big chunk of grant money then I'm not interested and its evident that ya'll don't understand how grant money is supposed to be used. Let's be realistic, I'm looking a high paying position with a real impressive sounding title that I can use later as a resume builder as I accend the ladder of bureaucracy not a job.

Only experience I had was driving in the wee hours of the morning to deliver the $500 in cash so they'd let my BIL out of the cell. No trial, no judge, no ticket, no record but the deal ended at noon and no checks would be accepted - cash only. Of course, at least they were reasonable. My buddy had to deliver a trailer load of corn to a judge else he would get a DUI and stand to lose his job as a teacher. Talk about some expensive beer. :lol2: But hey, had it been me, I'd brought the bastard 2 wagons if he asked for it.