85 MPH Speed Limit?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":242balke said:
HOSS":242balke said:
"If you ain't first.......you are last"- Ricky Bobby

We have a 70mph limit here but if you have ever driven through Nashville, TN. you know you have to drive 85mph just to keep from getting run over by a big rig. I don't mind fast drivers, I can be that way myself, it is the unsafe drivers that concern me. Some of those get on the interstate and try to merge into 70+ mph traffic doing 35.
why i avoid, Hotlanta all i can.... dammit, those people want to get home awful bad.....
I haven't been to atlanta in 30 years but they were that way then and are that way now from all I've heard--It ain't just home they want to get to==they just want to GIT somewhere-anywhere and in a hurry..

Speaking of big city driving, I (in a moment of temporary delirium) volunteered earlier in the week to drive my wife clear across Houston this morning. When I woke up, I remembered and for a minute, considered making up something to confess to her so she would just smother me with a pillow--but we made back in one piece and without me having a heart attack. That'll teach me to be more careful what promise I make in the future.........

Glad you made it ok greybeard.
Last time I was there some years ago you could get on a loop and go all the way across and it was not bad at all. Of course if you got off that loop that was an entirely different matter.

A.J. Foyt is rumored to have said that when he finally quit Indycar racing, he didn't really miss it cuz he could just jump on the 610 loop everyday and run with all the rest of the crazies without near the expense or hot safety equipment.

Houston traffic is horrible. I help my husband with his job. Yesterday we had to go near Hobby Airport (Hwy 59 to 45) in rush hour hour traffic (which is 6:30 to 9 am). A 45 mile drive. He pulls a heavy 28 foot trailer. People drive like they are playing a video game, cutting in and out with hardly any room to spare. I kept my nose in my book.
It is very stressful.

Greybeard, I feel your pain.

greybeard":19rn31da said:
ALACOWMAN":19rn31da said:
HOSS":19rn31da said:
"If you ain't first.......you are last"- Ricky Bobby

We have a 70mph limit here but if you have ever driven through Nashville, TN. you know you have to drive 85mph just to keep from getting run over by a big rig. I don't mind fast drivers, I can be that way myself, it is the unsafe drivers that concern me. Some of those get on the interstate and try to merge into 70+ mph traffic doing 35.
why i avoid, Hotlanta all i can.... dammit, those people want to get home awful bad.....
I haven't been to atlanta in 30 years but they were that way then and are that way now from all I've heard--It ain't just home they want to get to==they just want to GIT somewhere-anywhere and in a hurry..

Speaking of big city driving, I (in a moment of temporary delirium) volunteered earlier in the week to drive my wife clear across Houston this morning. When I woke up, I remembered and for a minute, considered making up something to confess to her so she would just smother me with a pillow--but we made back in one piece and without me having a heart attack. That'll teach me to be more careful what promise I make in the future.........
sometimes, i wanted to pull over and hollar, make it stop!! make it stop!! :cowboy: they gotta rapid transit there called ''Marta'' which stands for '''moving africans rapidly through Atlanta'''

A couple of years ago I was down near Atlanta at a seminar near Buckhead. A group of us decided to take the MARTA train downtown to the Underground for a little shopping and sight seeing. We are on the train zipping along and I look up and happen to notice the NO GUNS sign at the front of the train......oops! I am packing my Kimber .45 concealed in the small of my back. I just held my breath hoping that I didn't pass any of the local Barney Fife types. I figured I would rather be arrested than get caught unarmed by some of the riff raff on the train.

When I have to go north through Seattle or south through Portland I am reminded of the words to a Jerry Jeff Walker song. "If I can just get off this LA freeway without being killed or caught." I don't know why more people aren't killed on the freeway in those cities. I avoid driving in those cities if at all possible.

Latest posts