Need for Speed

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
John's comment on the harley thread of the fast sportster Reminded me of a time speed really scared me. All my younger life I had to have a fast car or bike.Even run in several figure 8 demolition derby's,and several drag races. The speed I loved.
Now one time the story changed. A friend of mine owned a marina and one weekend I was helping him pull boats to a boat show.He had a pickle fork race boat he was showing.19ft with a 350 v/8 omc outboard.He claimed it would put out 500 horse. After the boat show and several cold ones he talked me into riding in it with him.First couple passes wasent too bad but on the third pass he opend it up.we were going so fast the land was just a green blurr.Looked over at the speedometer and saw the red hand bouncing on 160.Now that scared the pee-wadin outa me. I know there's boats that are faster but aint gonna be me setting in it.Had a ranger bass boat that would run about 60 full tilt,but it didn't compare to that monster.He(( even 40 mph on the water seems fast to me.Don't know what it is about the water but just a little speed and it seems you are flying.

Cal

My need for speed ended on 8/20/83. I fell while I was water skiing, the boat was only going 78 mph. I was showing out at my B Day party, its one I'll never forget. :dunce:

OH, when I read "Need for Speed" I thought this was about something else.
My bad. Never mind!
SL

I have a need for speed as well, I started with Rx7's, I had my '85 up to 145 MPH, then I got a 1988 honda hurricane 1000, I pegged it at 280 kph, which is about 180 MPH, and then I got my '93 Rx7, put $10,000 into the engine, never pegged that out, but did have that around 160 MPH, it had lots left in it... I think it would redline in top gear at about 215, but my balls aren't that big. Now I have a Dodge dually that is wound out at 90 MPH, but I've had to hop it up as well, It'll tow anything up any hill up at that speed.

:banana: I :heart: speed! Wooohoo! Now we talkin'! :) HECK YEA! :) Had my 350z was rollin' 169 couldn't caught a freakin' 'vett in New Jersey! Talk about :cry2: ! I hit a deer doin' 40ish in that thing I swear barely tap the gosh darn thing they wanted to total my car. It killed the deer, took out a mailbox...popo ask me how fast I was doin....it looked bad! I look him in the eye and said "oh... 169!" :lol: He said "ok lied to me!" :lol: My husband said yea he will think you was lying when he see you blowing past him! LMAO! (laughing my a*& off!)
I should be a freakin' racecar driver for real I got mad skills when it comes to driving and speed! :D I raced motorcycles, I came in 2nd in the bluegrass mx championship series. Man, I gota serouisly speed problem for real! I get on anything and its like full throttle! I mow the yard gas pegged! :lol: You think I am playin'!? Naw, for real I am hell on wheels! I be in walmart with my buggy crushing cause I drive it to fast! :lol:
OK OK One time I was driving down the interstate I could see out the corner of my eye a car kept ride beside me I like okay "WHAT" they want to race?!? So I gas it! They keep on ride beside me! So I like F this and I floor it! Without ever looking over...I do look over and HELLO A FREAKIN POPO! I like OOPY I let off the gas and slloooow my roll! :lol: NO BS!
I got some story ya'll never believe but they are true! I have ya'll laughing for days on some the now so clean ones. :secret:
I love pulling up to a stop light and a freakin' mini van trying to fast me! :lol: HELLO! A 350z and a mini van! Pssst OKAY! People are CRAZY! :banana:

Chevy":1qyh6o27 said:
:banana: I :heart: speed! Wooohoo! Now we talkin'! :) HECK YEA! :) Had my 350z was rollin' 169 couldn't caught a freakin' 'vett in New Jersey! Talk about :cry2: ! I hit a deer doin' 40ish in that thing I swear barely tap the gosh darn thing they wanted to total my car. It killed the deer, took out a mailbox...popo ask me how fast I was doin....it looked bad! I look him in the eye and said "oh... 169!" :lol: He said "ok lied to me!" :lol: My husband said yea he will think you was lying when he see you blowing past him! LMAO! (laughing my a*& off!)
I should be a freakin' racecar driver for real I got mad skills when it comes to driving and speed! :D I raced motorcycles, I came in 2nd in the bluegrass mx championship series. Man, I gota serouisly speed problem for real! I get on anything and its like full throttle! I mow the yard gas pegged! :lol: You think I am playin'!? Naw, for real I am be nice on wheels! I be in walmart with my buggy crushing cause I drive it to fast! :lol:
OK OK One time I was driving down the interstate I could see out the corner of my eye a car kept ride beside me I like okay "WHAT" they want to race?!? So I gas it! They keep on ride beside me! So I like F this and I floor it! Without ever looking over...I do look over and HELLO A FREAKIN POPO! I like OOPY I let off the gas and slloooow my roll! :lol: NO BS!
I got some story ya'll never believe but they are true! I have ya'll laughing for days on some the now so clean ones. :secret:
I love pulling up to a stop light and a freakin' mini van trying to fast me! :lol: HELLO! A 350z and a mini van! Pssst OKAY! People are CRAZY! :banana:

:D now that was funny.
made my night.

I don't have that need for speed anymore.The speed limit is fast enough for me.However back in 72 bought a new GTO Judge,455 with 2 650 hollys factory made.Had the speedometer showing 160 mph several times.Could punch it at 60 mph and it would break traction.
Got pretty expensive when a Ohio state trooper clocked me at 130 between Ft.Wayne Indianna and Van Wert Ohio_Only bad thing about the GTO was at over 120 the ass end would get too light and seem to float around a little. :) Love to have that car today.Back in the day's of the big blocks.
But on the other hand it amazes me the amount of horsepower you can get out of those little 4 bangers now days.And they don't have near the weight we had.

Cal

I love the water and speed. When I was about 15 I was kneeboarding on Canyon lk in AZ. It was flat glass, as we were the first boat out that day. The boat was a hopped up jet boat with risers and all. I kept giving the thumbs up sign for more speed until it got down right scary. Back on the baot I asked how fast and they said 72 mph.
More recently had a 30 ft center console fishing machine with twin 250's. That one topped out at 61, not bad for a 7500 lb rig with full crew, ice, fish and equipment. Light fuel tho. Only problem was that at that speed, the tail end got light and wanted to tail walk, so I didn't do that very often

I get really worried when planes start to fly too slowly as well

Chevy... I once anhialated a Acura 3.2TL in a rusted out toyota tercel wagon... it was wet, he had no traction, and I had it in 4x4.. I put my 70 HP to maximum use... when he turned off, he gave me a thumbs up.. was a memorable moment

hooknline":rtbijprc said:
I love the water and speed. When I was about 15 I was kneeboarding on Canyon lk in AZ. It was flat glass, as we were the first boat out that day. The boat was a hopped up jet boat with risers and all. I kept giving the thumbs up sign for more speed until it got down right scary. Back on the baot I asked how fast and they said 72 mph.
More recently had a 30 ft center console fishing machine with twin 250's. That one topped out at 61, not bad for a 7500 lb rig with full crew, ice, fish and equipment. Light fuel tho. Only problem was that at that speed, the tail end got light and wanted to tail walk, so I didn't do that very often

Hook,I've always been told that no mater what size engine you use on a boat it will go only as fast as the hull was designed to go.I put this to the test several years ago by putting a 160 outboard on a 14 ft glastron boat. Now you want to talk about being squirlly, at a high speed the front end would raise up and start going side to side slapping the top of the water. And when I would power up from a dead stop the prop wanted to come out of the water and it would turn the boat up on its side.I never was able to go full throttle. Didn't take me long to downsize on the motor.I wound up with an 85 omc on it and it worked pretty good. :lol:

Cal

Cal, I put a 125 omc on my 16 ft pisces tri-hull. Same thing. It would jump out of the water before it would go forward. That boat (my first)started out with a 35 horse yamaha and ended up with that 125. Even took that boat 15 miles offshore down in the keys. Caught enough dolphin to make the risk worth it

:lol: not like that crackhead! Gee! :lol: GAS GAS GAS! When in doult gas it out! :p I did smoke crack one time years and years and years ago when I was like maybe 18 I tried it. For real! ONE TIME! I was like WHAT for real that's all!? :lol: Last 5 mints! :lol: I tried meth a few times back in the day to...coke two or three times. YUCK! Made me sick as a DOG! I ain't gunna lie! Sure the heck ain't bragging either, but just saying. I'd rather done my party in my younger days than have regrets in life. I live for the moment, there is not promises for tomorrow. I rather be happy that I took a risk than to regret not trying when I am old looking back on my life. Not saying it was the right thing but it was what I wanted at that time in my life. If that makes any sense. :) I think meth is the devil drug. I dated a guy for 3 years that cared more about meth than anything else. Very sad to see.

I'll agree Chevy it's a sad thing to see. But I only feel sorry for the kids that the adults get hooked on it.
I don't and can't feel sorry for an adult getting hooked on it.They know better there's too much info out there on drugs and if they still choose to do then they deserve the outcome.
Problem is we end up paying for their care or suffer from their theiving to support their habit.
You don't want to get me started on dopeys or meth heads. :mad:

Cal

:nod: :clap: very well said...

Oh the other hand...I wish I had a methhead who was speed balling and would come work for me. :lol: I'd let them clean up my yard, do some fencing, ect :lol: I :heart: it! ;-) They work fast 90 to nothing! :lol: But than knowing my luck they would have a heart attack and Id feel really bad.
Your right, people that get hooded end up hurting everybody in their path...from their family, kids, ect. The :devil2: drug, unless you been truly addict to a drug its hard to understand it. Its a sickness, uncontrollable...its no longer the person its the drugs that takes over. I am not taking up or making excusing, I am just explaining. I been threw it with my family and friends its a hard circle to break its very sad to see. Its up to the person to want to change to stop doing to dope, before they will truly stop and quit the addiction. :frowns:

Latest posts