Speaking of tattoos

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd sortof like one like this but....

tumblr_n6z2qxrZJ11qasthro1_500.jpg

It seems like anymore you are the oddball if you DON"T have a tatoo. I'm not against them but I could never decide on something so important that I want it printed on my body for the rest of my life.

None here. Hubby does not like them, since he worked with prisoners for many years with the CDF (California Department Fire/Forestry) and they had lots of tats. I always thought a toe ring, or small anklet would be neat, but could never bring myself to do it.

ohiosteve":mpjsldz1 said:
I'm not against them but I could never decide on something so important that I want it printed on my body for the rest of my life.

That is what my husband says, almost word for word. :lol:

Around here a tattoo comes before you pay your power bill.. And right after you buy a pitbull,,, course the kids school clothes are furnished by goodwil....priorities kept in line...

After seeing tattoos that have aged over 30+ years, I laugh at some of these young kids knowing they won't be what they were on day 1. I have seen some very nice ones, but not for me.

I've got a friend I've known for decades, and he has been gradually getting dragon tattoos on his arms. He was over last weekend cutting firewood and I asked about them.He told me it has always been his plan to get the dragons and then get a castle from his wrists up with the dragons flying up the castle walls. Not my style but I told him I thought that would be badass and I meant it.

I've got a friend I've known for decades, and he has been gradually getting dragon tattoos on his arms. He was over last weekend cutting firewood and I asked about them.He told me it has always been his plan to get the dragons and then get a castle from his wrists up with the dragons flying up the castle walls. Not my style but I told him I thought that would be badass and I meant it.

True story, a guy here in town had a naked lady on his arm. Later in life, he was embarrassed by it. Couldn't afford to get removed, so he had a swim suit tattooed on her.

I have no desire to ever get another one. And if it was easier to do, I would probably have the one that I have removed. No one sees it, so it has not been a priority.

However I do look forward to the day when I am old and wrinkly and the Nurses refer to me as "The old Biker Chick in room #150." :lol:

Out of four 20 somthing sons, two have tats, one has 4 or 5 tats. As I tell them all, great looking tats, they should look like a pile of cow cr@p when you're 50. Think long term! :mad:

Bigfoot":xexthh9l said:
True story, a guy here in town had a naked lady on his arm. Later in life, he was embarrassed by it. Couldn't afford to get removed, so he had a swim suit tattooed on her.

:lol: :lol: true story, I had a great uncle, moms uncle, WWII vet, had a naked lady on his arm. His wife made him put a swim suit on it ..... I'm 56 now but I remember this as a 9 yr old or so .... again think long term. :roll:

I never thought about it till now, but it bet when ladies get tattoos on the stomach region, they get real disoriented after pregnancy.

A few years ago, there was a group of boys that would load hay for people that baled the small square ones. Every one of those boys were covered in tattoos. None of their tattoos covered a large area, just small pictures, but none of them had the same one. It looked like they all went into a tattoo shop and paid for 10 tattoos each and to not repeat the same one twice. They had them on their stomachs, arms, chest, back, neck, legs, arms, etc...... anywhere there was a spot to put one.

Some didn't wear shirts when while loading the hay on the trailer or unloading it in the barn. When they would get through, they would put their hands on the ground; their head down, and flip their legs up on the side of the barn like walking on their hands, as the other's would hose him down with water starting at the waist just below their pants, and let the water flow down their stomachs and their backs to wash all the hay and dust off of each other. The water would run down their face and over their nose and mouth, as they were bubbling and snorting. You could tell by the sounds they were making that the water was so cold after being hot. It is a wonder they didn't have heart attacks.

Bigfoot":hysiph64 said:
One of the best men I've known .Is also a preacher.-now..gotta tattoo of a naked lady on his forearm. Looks like Jayne Mansfield...he's 84...

I'm from the generation where pictorial tattoos were considered undesirable, and my husband feels the same way. I would never get one, and he wouldn't have me if I did (well probably a stretch but he would NOT like it). EXCEPTION: I am going to have my eyeliner tastefully tattooed one of these days!

That being said, my son has several tattoos, my brothers do also. One of my brothers does his own tats. But I thank God that my 21 year old gorgeous daughter does not have one and does not want one, nor any body piercings!

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just stating my opinion!

Edited to add:
The other day I had a patient in the hospital that was covered in tattoos. I understand that some certain tattoos have gang related meanings and possibly prison meanings.
He had the tear tattoo on one eye (lost a friend? I guess?)
He had the F word in every imaginable use of the word all over his body.
His knuckles read F ... This just like the picture posted of Plan Ahea...
I was absolutely disgusted, and I was certain to wear gloves!

My late BIL had this (a very old pic of the kids) tattooed on his back when he was already estranged from his family ,emptied a few of their bank accounts and fled to South America for "holidays" for a couple of months . He still thought of the kids at the age when his brain was functional and he said he got the tattoo so his kids would always be with him . Not like he could even look at it unless in a mirror and a lot of good it does him now , it is all ashes . :(

Latest posts