Sorry Red Angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah,
I just took it at ramdom. He was pacing and on alert so it was harder to get a still picture. I went to the man's house that owns this bull to buy a bull and he had them both in side by side paddocks so I could see the bull he had for sale better. The "for sale" bull is a 2 year old and this guy a 4 year old. The youngster somehow, when we were talking, found a way to this bulls pasture and he ran him around like a stepchild! When I took this picture we had seperated them and he was looking for the greenhorn. Funny, but a seller's nightmare.

BARNSCOOP":1dwwtigd said:
Wow Dun! Only" Sorry" that I don't own him! For someone who doesn't know how to pick a bull you sure did a great job! Why don't you hand over some of that lack of wisdom? The only solid red bull , that I know of, around me is about 35 miles away.....and he is a Shorthorn. People always ask if he is a Red Angus though.

Nice bull

mnmtranching":2r43w0it said:
Dun why do you AI when you got a big guy like that out there that would be happy to save you a lot of work? :?
He's strictly terminal and cleanup. His grandsire is unacceptable to be in a cows pedigree. But this year I did turn a dozen or so meat maker cows in with him and didn;t bother AIing them.

dun":27u3n64v said:
mnmtranching":27u3n64v said:
Dun why do you AI when you got a big guy like that out there that would be happy to save you a lot of work? :?
He's strictly terminal and cleanup. His grandsire is unacceptable to be in a cows pedigree. But this year I did turn a dozen or so meat maker cows in with him and didn;t bother AIing them.

Cherokee Canyon????????

I was thinking "I like him; that shows what I know" before I relized you were kidding! How is he bred?

snakegap":3rhy8wz8 said:
I was thinking "I like him; that shows what I know" before I relized you were kidding! How is he bred?
Beckton and Beeby on the bottom Major league on the top

xbred":3nph4iqu said:
is he knocked kneed???

Take a good look at the second picture. He's as wide as a truck and pretty darned straight. Why do you ask if he is knock kneed.

3waycross":bm473e6n said:
xbred":bm473e6n said:
is he knocked kneed???

Take a good look at the second picture. He's as wide as a truck and pretty darned straight. Why do you ask if he is knock kneed.

In one picture the right front appears to be bent oddly.

Sure makes it hard for me to want to go straight A.I. when you could run such a nice bull in your pastures and have the bonus of just looking at him.

He looks like a heck of a bull-why is his pedigree unacceptable? Is he crossed up with something else and his papers fudged like alot of cattle in our breed? I know nothing about this breed.

Dun, tell the truth. You've been feeding him a bucket of grain everyday of his life to get him to look like this! Really though, nice bull.

Rustler9":2jndbs6h said:
He looks like a heck of a bull-why is his pedigree unacceptable? Is he crossed up with something else and his papers fudged like alot of cattle in our breed? I know nothing about this breed.
His grandsire is a good carcass bull but his daughters are horrible calvers. Him, his sons and grandsons if used to produce heifers will do more damage to the breeds maternal strengths then any one bull ever has. That's the reason he is a termianl bull and won;t contribute to our genetics.

in the first photo his right front is turned in a little..i'm assuming it's just the way he's standing...no big deal..he is a great looking bull...

Latest posts