Son Assaulted At School!

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":231bxtc8 said:
:lol:
First phase dove opens tomorrow so probably bacon wrapped dove. With a backup of steak for Sunday.
We've got a shyt load of quail here, but it just seems so , , , , what ?? to sleuce a few for what little we get out of them. Wild turkeys are in the neighborhood, but no season for them now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyNKxjkLls

hooknline":2czd7oug said:
:lol:
First phase dove opens tomorrow so probably bacon wrapped dove. With a backup of steak for Sunday.

Mmmmm, sounds good! It's been at least 12 years since I've had that.

As for the steak, we had that last night, Porterhouse for husband and a T-bone for me.

Katherine

ALACOWMAN":2ql2h22e said:
said hey to a man at the store this past sunday, that just recently got out of the prison,.. he was being bullied pretty good by a another kid ,, till he had enough... one halloween night this bully hit him with a egg down by the river at a old mill where we hung out at time's and fished... he didnt know that boy had a shotgun and blew out everthing between his shoulders.....
Curious as to what he was charged with and how many years did he get?

Just back from a quick trip for training.

Cops were called by the super. I spent my lunch hour waiting to talk to the cop. Told him we wanted charges filed.
Going to find out what happened tomorrow.

I know my kids are no angels. I try to look at them with both eyes opened. I have listened to my son tell me about the bullying he has had to deal with for years.
Finally told him to fight back. Like I already said he has nutcrackered 2 boys and gave another a bloody nose. He got no punishment.

You're gonna file charges?
Give me a break. Wussification of America has struck even the most down to earth now

I can't help but think there is much much more to this story than we actually know. I don't know how we all got sucked in. This is a cattle forum. I guess it's human nature.

Bigfoot":3k5lrrv2 said:
I can't help but think there is much much more to this story than we actually know. I don't know how we all got sucked in. This is a cattle forum. I guess it's human nature.
She did post on the Everything Else Board and this subject is something else. Here and in the coffee shop doesn't have to be about cattle.
I'm sure there is more to the story, there usually is. That's pretty much the way it is with any subject.

I just read this whole thread and have a few thoughts.
1. I've generally let my boy handle his own disagreements. I give advice and he can take or leave it.
2. I've stayed out of issues unless they turned dangerous.

For example:
1. A jock, held back a year by his parents so he'd be bigger and more competitive in sports, was harassing my boy. My boy followed the schools preferred method of resolution, it didn't work. What did work was a slug to the shoulder of this bigger boy, in the classroom of an older male teacher. The teacher pretty much turned a blind eye, the older boy was put in his place, and my boy just let it go after that. I don't think they became friends, but neither bugs the other so all's good.

2. Kid on the bus was getting way out of line with harassing my boy. That kid comes from a real bad background. Siblings/parents in/out of juvie/prison, suspenses/expelled from school, other kids injured by this family. My boy tried handling it, but other boy kept escalating. I stepped in and called the transportation office, principal's office, and the bullying hotline. Other kid was warned to stay away from my boy, and was soon kicked off the bus for harassing other kids.

Bottom line, sometimes parents need to stay out of the way, sometimes they need to step in. It's hard to say without personally knowing everyone involved. In general, if there was an unprovoked physical injury I'd see about having assault charges filed, too.

It was a dang kid that sucker punched another kid from the story. And the kid either was too scared of the aggressor or the parents to fight back.
One punch from a kid under the age of 18 to a kid under 18 doesn't warrant charges in my opinion. If it did alot of us would have records

hooknline":3dco8zau said:
It was a dang kid that sucker punched another kid from the story. And the kid either was too scared of the aggressor or the parents to fight back.
One punch from a kid under the age of 18 to a kid under 18 doesn't warrant charges in my opinion. If it did alot of us would have records
Or at least longer records

I could be wrong, but I think more people on this board are ready to call the sheriff when a neighbor continues to allow his cattle to cross boundaries but aren't quite as ready to protect their kids boundaries from assault.

Chris H":2for8dq9 said:
I could be wrong, but I think more people on this board are ready to call the sheriff when a neighbor continues to allow his cattle to cross boundaries but aren't quite as ready to protect their kids boundaries from assault.

It would take a LOT for me to call the sheriff on my neighbor for his cattle crossing any boundary. (and they have)
Even the law recognizes that neither man nor God has ever built or will ever be able to build a fence high enough or strong enough to keep a determined animal in if it really wants out. Me and the neighbor works that kind of thing out face to face.

It's a damm shame folks can't get along and mind their own business. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Calling the sheriff about neighbor's cattle is when the neighbor won't come and get them.

A child should feel safe at school. That is his or her right.

Ryder":ifqyszin said:
ALACOWMAN":ifqyszin said:
said hey to a man at the store this past sunday, that just recently got out of the prison,.. he was being bullied pretty good by a another kid ,, till he had enough... one halloween night this bully hit him with a egg down by the river at a old mill where we hung out at time's and fished... he didnt know that boy had a shotgun and blew out everthing between his shoulders.....
Curious as to what he was charged with and how many years did he get?
dont know all the details, other than he had to serve aleast 30 years,, cause thats how long its been.. infact i didnt even know it was him till the lady at the store told me it was...i thought he was still in prison.. that family lost two son in a years time an older brother went to sleep while driving home from work hit a culvert, flipped several times and the car landed on him... he was about an 1/8 of mile from home

Latest posts