Son Assaulted At School!

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":qwzc7y8y said:
Isomade":qwzc7y8y said:
Dang Dun, talk about leaving out some details. He just joined prison huh?

Maybe it was one of those deals where the judge gave the two of them a choice. Join the service or go to prison. Dun decided to go with the navy and his buddy thought prison would be a better fit. Just what did the two of you do Dun?
It do sort of sound like that don't it?
I guess the inseperatables got seperated.

I luv herfrds":3kla49ki said:
Brute your advise sucks!
He was backing it up. He had bloodied one nose and nut cracked at least 2 kids earlier in the year. They now leave him alone.
So you see you are NOT HERE! YOU are NOT dealing with it.

Easy for you to run your mouth from a computor.

Guess I always believed in fair fights but with this new kid guess it is fight dirty and nasty.

Even his friends who were standing near him never saw it coming.

When you are a MOM you are going to have that feeling to do anything for your son, and protect him anyway you can-its normal-everyone is different a Father is not going to feel the same way as a Mom does, because they just don't have that maternal instinct-just saying, don't second guess your actions, if some good came out of it, thats all that matters

pdfangus":3boy9pf4 said:
I'm like Isomade.....

I am too lold to fight for fun....

my riding buddy who is a deputy and as old as me still gets going when they want to resist arrest....

Me....If I got to fight...I am goin to win and there ain't going to be no conflicting stories....
I hear xactly what you are saying.

backhoeboogie":20z1c0dz said:
Dave":20z1c0dz said:
Isomade":20z1c0dz said:
Dang Dun, talk about leaving out some details. He just joined prison huh?

Maybe it was one of those deals where the judge gave the two of them a choice. Join the service or go to prison. Dun decided to go with the navy and his buddy thought prison would be a better fit. Just what did the two of you do Dun?

Heck Dun's story sounds almost credible since he said "navy." If he'd a said he joined up with the air force we'd all know that the Wright brothers hadn't made that Kity Hawk debute yet, back then.
You make it sound like Dun went to sea in wooden ships back when Moby Dick was a minnow and Capt Ahab was a Seaman deuce?

From a teachers perspective, the term bully is being tossed around freely. Sometimes life isn't easy. As for what I would do if I were you, see how the school handles it. If they do nothing, then file a police report. The report might only be "for the record". What are your son's friends doing? Why aren't they standing up for him? Something more is going on. I would probe a little deeper. As far as him standing up for himself, I would quickly forgive my son for his suspension when he returned the sucker punch when the guy is least expecting it. I know, not the best solution, but sometime he have to fight back.

I'm going to chime in on this, because I work in the Juv. Court system -- that's my job. I understand your angst, ILH. Properly done, the SCHOOL should have called law enforcement, if this happened on school grounds. Absolutely, talk to the school people to see if they have made any sanctions against the other kid (suspension; time after school, etc.) if this was an unprovoked attack. And if not, if the school doesn't take it seriously, maybe you should pursue it with LE. If it was near the school grounds, I'd suggest the same thing. Or if anything happens on a school bus or a bus stop -- same.

But I also see so much stuff where kids are just being kids, where a simple push and shove turns into a law enforcement call. And that is a waste of L.E. resources! The school should address it, and all the parents should address it, and work together for a resolution or appropriate sanction.

And I'm not saying this has anything to do with your situation at all, ILH, but I get so sick and tired of seeing referrals to charge juveniles on domestic violence charges when the parents have set down few or NO rules, or don't enforce them (preferring quiet time or time-outs), then suddenly wake up to the problems, but don't have the parenting skills to make that kid stay off FB on the computer vs. homework, or make sure that kid gets out of bed and off to school on time every day and don't have the time to go to parent-teacher conferences, or have regular daily meals together. And then they wake up and try to enforce rules on a 14 year old with a wooden spoon, thinking THAT that will solve the problem. That 14 year old kid will swing back, nearly every time. I see reports every week where it's obvious the parents want the school or the cops to come in and take over the parenting chores.

I luv Herefords,

Have you ever looked up the percapata crime rate for your town? It sounds like violence is an underlieng issue where you live. Ours is higher than most large cities. Just wondered. People not living in an area like that don't really understand the ramifications.

said hey to a man at the store this past sunday, that just recently got out of the prison,.. he was being bullied pretty good by a another kid ,, till he had enough... one halloween night this bully hit him with a egg down by the river at a old mill where we hung out at time's and fished... he didnt know that boy had a shotgun and blew out everthing between his shoulders.....

alisonb":1ue435v0 said:
ga.prime":1ue435v0 said:
I know- call a truce!
Not a truce, a duel....
Hmmm--it worked for Aaron Burr--not so much for Alexander Hamilton tho..but hey--if it was good enough for 2 founding fathers, it's good 'nuff for me.

(and of course, NO ONE, is seriously suggesting that the 2 kids shoot it out)

:lol:
First phase dove opens tomorrow so probably bacon wrapped dove. With a backup of steak for Sunday.

Latest posts