Son Assaulted At School!

Help Support CattleToday:

The kid that hit my son was not even involved with the argument in the first place. Kid admitted he can just blow up over any little thing. That was nice to know.
I talked with 2 kids that were there and even they said they never say that kid coming. Until they saw the punch that dropped my son. Told me it scared the daylights out of them seeing him laying there not moving.

So I guess it would have been better if my son had lost sight in his eye before talking to the cops?

Bigfoot you want to talk cattle? Go on a different thread. You don't have to be here. Don't care. Bye!

We have gone the route of tell the teacher, stay away, play somewhere else, etc..... that has never worked. Finally told son to fight back.
Normally I don't get involved. But when it can cause serious physical injury I do get involved.

You think there is more to this story? There is not.

Well, as far as calling the police--your call--you're there, and you know the school and the demographics etc.

As for telling your son to go ahead and fight back, that's a good thing imo. He would have done it on his own eventually anyway, since he's 15, and parenting involves a lot more than just making sure they get good meals, clothed, medical care etc. We have to, in every way possible, provide them with everything we can to make the transition to adulthood--to be able to take care of themselves, and that includes defending themselves, and taking care of their own problems. Getting bullies in trouble rarely phases them--they only do it to draw attention to themselves and for what kids nowadays call street cred(ibility) within their own age group. Getting in trouble with school, cops, or parents is part of that street cred--they see it as a badge of honor of some kind. But, getting their clock cleaned by one of their peers they thought they could always push around takes away everything they mistakenly thought they had earned, while giving the clock cleaner his own brand of confidence and respect from his own peer group. He won't win 'em all, but Ain't nothing wrong with losing a fight, or even in choosing your fights, but the day always comes when it your turn to give as good as ya get--win lose or draw, and I think I can speak for everyone here when I say no one here thinks your son is a coward at all. Never crossed my mind for sure.

greybeard":ejqdkws5 said:
I think I can speak for everyone here when I say no one here thinks your son is a coward at all. Never crossed my mind for sure.

It never crossed my mind either.

ILH, I hope you all can get this situation under control and resolved soon.

Katherine

I never thought anyone on here even suggested my son was a coward and I hope no one thinks I did.

Waiting to hear from the cops. Going to contact them tomorrow and find out what is going on. The super had already turned everything over to them.

Just remember, you gave your son permission to fight back now. When he does e could be facing charges as well.in fact he should be charged for dropping that other kid. He doesn't have to be the aggressor to be charged. Pendulum swings both ways

Which one hook?
The kid that had him in a chokehold that he nutcrackered?
Or the kid that kicked him in the nuts first and he returned the favor?
Or the kid that punched him in the side first that he gave a bloody nose?

You got to be more specific on which one you are talking about.

Yes, someday when she is attending her sons funeral or visiting him in prison, she can console herself with not having been the one who tattled to the cops. :roll:

I work, everyday, with bullies. At the risk of sounding cliche, times are changing, and those of you with kids would be wise to keep up.

I try to stay out of this stuff, but you are doing the right thing ILH.

hooknline":3nv3ob6g said:
Must be a woman thing
Reason #1 I try and stay out of this stuff. Its exactly crap like that that had you crying for ibrn's head on a platter. Maybe its a "woman" thing, but be glad I exercised the self control to refrain from labeling your responses hook.

angie":3lhisngs said:
hooknline":3lhisngs said:
Must be a woman thing
Reason #1 I try and stay out of this stuff. Its exactly crap like that that had you crying for ibrn's head on a platter. Maybe its a "woman" thing, but be glad I exercised the self control to refrain from labeling your responses hook.
Label my responses all you want. Men and women see things differently. Woman let emotions run a good portion of their lives, men make decisions not on emotion but on logic.
Simply put, I think ILH is mad her son got whooped on. Had he been able to fight back and had put the kid down do you think she would be asking for criminal charges against a young teenager? I don't.
I think she only wants to press charges because he got whooped. Sucker punch or no sucker punch
And inbred served his own head on a platter. I never asked for his head, or for the mods to do anything about him. I simply made it public what an ass he was

hooknline":2ofp43tn said:
I'm saying that you maybe setting a precedent that's could bite you in the ass

There is some truth to what Hook is saying here. What happens if next time it is a glancing blow not a knockout. And ILH son puts a whipping on the kid who through the punch. Guess who could very well end up in jail.

1101120521_600_zpsa5b0941a.jpg

Ok ok.... I'm just kidding! :tiphat:

Latest posts