Some of the Galloway girls

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1gtwu220 said:
Got to see the girls in person this evening. Very impressive. As was the yearling bull. He is an amazing young bull. Judge thought so also. He was reserve Champion.

I left the NWSS with a newfound respect for Galloway cattle..........their owner is a pretty good guy also! Thanks for the beer Harley!

3way- thanks for taking the time to come to the yards. Appreciate the comments. Moto Moto ( the Mar, 2nd bull calf), got Champ bull calf, but didn't go any further.

The judge was from Scotland, and said he had too much guts. :)

In the heifer calf class, we had 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th out 16 head in class. Jan.-thru March calves.
We had purchased the 3rd place heifer a month ago. The top two were named grand and res heifer calves

We also got champ pair of females, res pair of bulls, champ get of sire. Our 3/4 blood heifer got res champion percentage heifer. She also won the ultrasound carcass contast (weighed 948, REA 14.86, REA/ CWT 1.57, IMF 4.17, FT (back fat) .35.

The Res. Champ bull was one we had sold to a breeder in Colorado, at the 2010 NWSS.

thanks everybody for the comments

Stocker Steve":331ohe8b said:
Galloway2":331ohe8b said:
the Scottish judge picked them 2-3-4-1

Did he tell you the heifers are better looking in Scotland ?

from the pictures he showed us after the show, he likes a different type.

If we would have unclipped the heads and necks, leaving them broad fronted, deep chested.

The popular ones over there, are higher flanked, and much shallower made. We should have shaved the underlines from the navel back, for that day anyway. :D

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2q53xwdp said:
Sorry I missed you. Number 4 is a knockout. You did well despite the judge! Congrats.

I was hoping to meet you also.

She is, I agree. We had many people ask what we were asking for her.

Thanks

Latest posts