Solar or battery hook up fence energizers?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have both the 12 and 6 volt chargers. The 12 volt is far and away better. The 6 volt works for short cross fence runs but that is all. If I were buying one today I would spend the money and get the 12 volt.

id rather spend extra money and know I have what i need than have to get calls saying my cattle are out in the road in the middle of the night.

12 vs 6 volt what is the differencee in cost for replacements? Around here a 6 volt is special order.

dun":2g4qdwff said:
12 vs 6 volt what is the differencee in cost for replacements? Around here a 6 volt is special order.

iN OUR PART OF THE COUNTRY WE HAVE A LOT OF PART TIME FARMERS AND PART TIME HORSE OWNERS AND UNFORTUANTELY FEED AND SEED STORES POPULATED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER FARMED....

THE SIX VOLT IS CHEAPER AND IT IS WHAT IS ON THE SHELF.

i ORDER MY ELECTRIC FENCING NEEDS FROM POWER FLEX.

NOT YELLING ....HAD THE CAPS ON FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND JUST LOOKED UP AND SAW IT AND TOO LAZY TO RETYPE.

skyhightree1":1xhv5fsq said:
dun":1xhv5fsq said:

6v chargers are WAY cheaper than the 12v chargers.
What about the replacemnt batterys and do they last as long as the 12 volts

My Parmak chargers uses the same battery in the 12 volt as in the 6 volt. The 12 volt just has two of them and the 6 volt only one. So it isn't a special order. Just twice the cost. But well worth the cost if you are holding cattle in.

I realize this thread is a month old but I thought i would throw my 2 cents in it might help someone down the road, I also have 4 of the parmark 12v solar and 4 of the 6v the 12's are far better, but the best is a cyclops 12joule super battery with deep cycle battery and 80 watt solar panel (they have the set up shown on their web site) i've had mine for 4 years and never changed a thing and it is on 120 acres runninv 4? strand perimeter fence as well as cross fences and poly wire, ive owned or own many different charges both ac and solar and this is by far and away the best.

runningr":1sia069n said:
I realize this thread is a month old but I thought i would throw my 2 cents in it might help someone down the road, I also have 4 of the parmark 12v solar and 4 of the 6v the 12's are far better, but the best is a cyclops 12joule super battery with deep cycle battery and 80 watt solar panel (they have the set up shown on their web site) i've had mine for 4 years and never changed a thing and it is on 120 acres runninv 4? strand perimeter fence as well as cross fences and poly wire, ive owned or own many different charges both ac and solar and this is by far and away the best.

CHEEZE WHIZ....it ought to be hot....I run a water pump with a 75 watt solar panel....

pdfangus":n6alwhy9 said:
runningr":n6alwhy9 said:

CHEEZE WHIZ....it ought to be hot....I run a water pump with a 75 watt solar panel....

Are you sure he aint trying to grill them cow's in the pasture.
The 6 volt Parmak hurt's the 12 volt will make you cry that thing he is talkin about you would need 911.
That 12 volt Parmak will knock a bull's pecker soft that Cyclops would knock it off, that is some kind of serious electric fence.
All I will say is bald head's should not touch electric fence's.

It is hot usually runs 9000v, but i dont need cows out i stay gone alot and bired ha ds are hard to get a hold of at mid-night i dont wont cows out. The parmark does well but if a tree gets blown down or the creek blows out the fence it wont short out because of the battery holding more. Ive had two trees on it and touching two t posts and it still had 3500v

Latest posts