So Long, My Old Friend

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't been on the boards in a while but I heard Dun passed away. I'm sure sorry to hear this. Dun was a great asset to the forum. Not only was he knowledgeable but also interesting. He seemed to always have a good attitude. He will be missed not only by his own family as well as the cattle today family.

God bless you Don.

Hated to hear the news this morning... May God place His hedge of protection around his family and comfort them as only He can... Rest In Peace Don

Ohhhhh........... :( He will be sorely missed. I learned a few things from dun, it was also nice to know of someone else who knew "the Coke bottle trick" for removing warbles.

Through these boards, he was an asset to many people's lives. I'm so sorry to hear that he has moved on. It won't be the same without him.

My sincere condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends.

cfpinz":wfalw1a0 said:
M-5":wfalw1a0 said:
Macon , Can you or someone post his arrangements, I would like to send flowers or make a donation if that is an option in his obituary .

Thank you

Not Macon, but I will post the arrangements if his wife approves.
Man! I hate to hear that... He thought a lot of you....

Won't be the same without the CT Sheriff around. Did a fine job of keeping the peace around here and offering support when it was needed most. Good man.

Boy I hate to hear that. Don, and his friends and family, will be in my thoughts and prayers. He will be missed by many.

This is not the news I was expecting to read about him. I will truly miss his wit and expertise. Every question I sent him was answered politely, no matter how stupid he may have thought the question was.

cfpinz":cmzmnoe0 said:
I just received word that Don (dun) passed away early this morning in his sleep.

I've always thought that we can learn something from everyone we meet. Sometimes it's what we should be doing, other times it's what we shouldn't be doing. Don was one of those rare individuals that served as an example of both, and I mean that as the highest form of compliment.

If you're lucky enough in this life, you'll meet a handful of people that you know you're a better person for knowing, and Don was one of those people for me. He and his wife welcomed myself and my wife into their home and treated us like family. I remember telling them one time I felt just as at home in their home as the house I grew up in, that's the kind of people they are.

So long, My Friend.

I knew this was coming just as cfpinz did. Dun and I had a very meaningful conversation when he came back from the hospital and I am thankful we had it. He taught me a lot and I had planned to come up and meet him. We will not be meeting as I had planned but one day we will. dun you were a great friend to me. Thank you
F.I.P. Farm in Peace

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2oyl52h5 said:
RIP Dun
I have "known" Dun for many many years on here. I have NEVER seen a picture of him!!
Did you know where the name "Dun" came from? He said "he was DUN moving".
He used to live in Dunmovin, California. Great guy, very sorry to see him go.

Latest posts