So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":31esnmof said:
i feel like a brand new baby.......no hair,no teeth, and i think i just pee'd on myself :p
I feel like an old man...... no hair, no teeth, and I think I just pee'd on myself :p

I'm so old that I had my very own ration stamp books during WWII. Matter-of-fact, I still have one of them. Some of you may not know what ration books are/were. Bet Doc Harris can explain. I'm still living my dream: checking my black cows every day.

GMN":c3gogmpn said:
dun":c3gogmpn said:
KNERSIE":c3gogmpn said:
32, but I too am paying the price of competetive sport and general stupidity of my youth.

I'm just over twice that and I'm paying for my youth too.
I heard a song the other day about some guy lamenting about some of the stupid things he'ld done and claimed "I'ld change a lot of things, starting with me". That's just BS for most people. I mean if I'ld spent my entire life in prison that would be one thing. But the general body abuse, the month in jail, car wrecks, boosing, chasing skirts and all of the other things that this guy claimes to want ot have changed is all of the stuff that goes into the individual you become. My oldest brother has never even so much as had a parking ticket, has more money then is decent and I wouldn;t trade any of his life for mine. I'm surprised he didn;t die from boredom.

I know what song you mean, it starts out, "I had a one night stand, with my best friends baby sister, to this day he still won't talk to me" First time I heard that song I thought it was kind of lame, still think its not the greatest song out there.

Gail

is 48 and would love a do-over for my really bad decisions

Cowdirt":3f96dwap said:
I'm so old that I had my very own ration stamp books during WWII. Matter-of-fact, I still have one of them. Some of you may not know what ration books are/were. Bet Doc Harris can explain. I'm still living my dream: checking my black cows every day.

Cowdirt-
You bet your life I can explain! Rationed; shoes, sugar, Tires, and Gasoline "A" stamps, "B" stamps, and "C" stamps! You were alloted only a certain number of gallons of gasoline for a specific period of time (three months at a time) according to your "priority" as a War Time business. They had "T" stamps for tractors and trucks. And it was NOT because there was not enough gas. It was because of the lack of rubber coming from South America, and they didn't have the kind of tire formulas that they do now. You were lucky to get 15,000 miles from a set of tires then. And they were not "Steel Belted Radials" either. Lousy tires. And the universal speed limit was 35 miles per hour. My Model "A" Ford got 21 miles per gallon, and gas was $.18 per gallon! In order to buy tires, you had to get "Permission" from the County Ration Board. How "Politically Corrupt" do you think THAT turned out to be?? I used to kick the car out of gear and "coast" down hills to save gas. That was when "Re-capping" tires began - IF you still had a good tire casing to put it on! Wheel Balancing?? What the heck was that? Was no such thing. AND - there was no such thing as Tubeless Tires! So every tire had to have tubes inside. If your tubes were shot, you were SOL. Everybody had a bicycle tire pump in their car. You think you have it tough now? Try going back and living THEN!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3jg5rt9z said:
Cowdirt":3jg5rt9z said:

Cowdirt-
You bet your life I can explain! Rationed; shoes, sugar, Tires, and Gasoline "A" stamps, "B" stamps, and "C" stamps! You were alloted only a certain number of gallons of gasoline for a specific period of time (three months at a time) according to your "priority" as a War Time business. They had "T" stamps for tractors and trucks. And it was NOT because there was not enough gas. It was because of the lack of rubber coming from South America, and they didn't have the kind of tire formulas that they do now. You were lucky to get 15,000 miles from a set of tires then. And they were not "Steel Belted Radials" either. Lousy tires. And the universal speed limit was 35 miles per hour. My Model "A" Ford got 21 miles per gallon, and gas was $.18 per gallon! In order to buy tires, you had to get "Permission" from the County Ration Board. How "Politically Corrupt" do you think THAT turned out to be?? I used to kick the car out of gear and "coast" down hills to save gas. That was when "Re-capping" tires began - IF you still had a good tire casing to put it on! Wheel Balancing?? What the heck was that? Was no such thing. AND - there was no such thing as Tubeless Tires! So every tire had to have tubes inside. If your tubes were shot, you were SOL. Everybody had a bicycle tire pump in their car. You think you have it tough now? Try going back and living THEN!

DOC HARRIS

Darn why'ed you have to remind us of those things.

right in the middle of my sixth decade and still have all my hair, a good number of my origional teeth but carry some replacement parts but most days I still feel like I did when I wore a bigger buckle and a shorter belt. Dave Mc

WOW!! couldn't help but note how many people on this thread at the begening that don't post anymore.
And if I live to March i'll be 68. :eek:

Cal

Susie David":1s1jw10h said:
right in the middle of my sixth decade and still have all my hair, a good number of my origional teeth but carry some replacement parts but most days I still feel like I did when I wore a bigger buckle and a shorter belt. Dave Mc
Use your head for growing hair, do you? :D

Latest posts