So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43":334jfn61 said:
Alacowman
That is my tought, this post is over 3 years old and a lot have gone to the corn field in the sky or to the fire ant bed down below. The way a lot of the young ones describe themselves they sure are going to be hobbling around when they get my age 66. I see people my age I was raised with who did not take care of their bodies and they can barely get around.

I think my complaints or my hobbling are pretty well justified.

32 going on 50. I limp on cold mornings from getting drug by a horse twelve years ago and can't look up without losing my balance as a result of the same little wreck. I'm missing two fingers on my left hand from a hay shredder accident so I use my right hand even more than most people. I breed about one hundred-one fifty head of cows a day... with my right arm in the cow... which is leading to nerve damage in my right arm which is leading to numness in two fingers on my good hand. :help: God gives us multiples of the important stuff like fingers, legs, lungs, etc so that when we lose half of them we can keep on pluggin' along. :nod:
My wife swears I'm going deaf as well but it's selective. ;-) Good thing to because if I go deaf and try to learn sign language I'm going to be a deaf, crippled, disoriented amputee with nerve damage and one heck of a speech impedement.

cow pollinater":ugjceboz said:
32 going on 50. I limp on cold mornings from getting drug by a horse twelve years ago and can't look up without losing my balance as a result of the same little wreck. I'm missing two fingers on my left hand from a hay shredder accident so I use my right hand even more than most people. I breed about one hundred-one fifty head of cows a day... with my right arm in the cow... which is leading to nerve damage in my right arm which is leading to numness in two fingers on my good hand. :help: God gives us multiples of the important stuff like fingers, legs, lungs, etc so that when we lose half of them we can keep on pluggin' along. :nod:
My wife swears I'm going deaf as well but it's selective. ;-) Good thing to because if I go deaf and try to learn sign language I'm going to be a deaf, crippled, disoriented amputee with nerve damage and one heck of a speech impedement.

This reminds me of my brother in law...learned spanish from a spanish guy working on a dairy. Had it down pretty good to after about a year then found out the buy teaching him spanish was hair lipped..... :lol2: :lol2: Had to get him a new mentor and "unlearn" hairlipped spanish. I'm 61, think like I'm 21 still get around good and don't have a complaint in the world. I am truly blessed. :nod:

That's fantastic. :clap: I'm going to share that little gem with my customers asap. Most of them just gave up on trying to communicate with their employees.

45 years old, Heck cattleman 200, I didnt think you were a day over 50 when I talked to ya on the phone a couple weeks back. Softball must really help, I quit last year and already feel better. Sorry I didnt get to make the Jepson sale, hope it went well, we have been busy at work and I still havent done preg check yet.

I was 32 when this thread started three years ago, but in the meantime had Guillaine Barre syndrome and was completely paralysed for a few weeks, was trampled by a cow last year so most days I feel 55 and some days 75.

I began reading this thread a few weeks ago, and have checked in on it several times lately. I have been waiting for someone - ANYONE - to get somewhere near my age so that I don't feel so alone! But I guess I am doomed to disappointment - or should I say "Gratitude"? - - - - YES, I will say Gratitude! I am 84 years old, have had the usual broken bones, operations, dread diseases that usually plague the elderly ( I dislike that word !), have been battling Cancer for almost 14 years, have had two strokes in the last 17 months (resulting in double vision which necessitated my wearing a black eye patch like a Pirate and "educating" fractious amd undisciplined little elementary "angels" that if they didn't straighten up and behave - THEY would 'walk the plank' that my parrot would peck out their eyes!) :frowns: The momma's would give me kiss and say "Thanks Doc!" :heart: More darned fun! :clap: :nod:

Two weeks ago today I had eye surgery on both eyes, and I see as well as I ever did, and the eye patch ' is a thing of the past! The only negative aspect to the whole thing is - I don't get kisses from the good looking young momma's any more!! :cry2: Ruthie, my bride of 66 years says "Yea - isn't that just too bad, you old goat?!" :lol: But she is wrong, because I don't even have horns. :shock:

To summarize this dissertation for you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed youngsters under the age of 65, I would like to offer you some sage and experienced advice: Appreciate the experiences that you have had in life and benefit from what you have learned from them, Love deeply and express that love to everyone in some way that they will understand, smile, and say Thank You for a pleasant thought or look, treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, and take this last bit of sincerely uttered advice: people are not alone in this world, and they need to feel emotions and heart-felt sentiments and profound sincerity in actions and words that you communicate to them! A word or a look can cut to the quick without your even being aware of it. Love and the world loves with you. Cry and you cry alone.

I was a practicing Dr. of Chiropractic for 32 years, and I learned a lot about how people feel and how they are put together, physically and mentally. We are all basically the same, but we can be broken down and hurt. I prefer to try to heal. That is why I attempt to offer advice on this Forum. I think that the majority of us on here feel the same way. I Thank GOD for my friends here, and wish His Blessings on you ALL!

DOC HARRIS

51. Never a broken bone and no serious scars, 20/25 vision, but I can't go without those reading glasses. Weigh too much, but can't stand a job that doesn't make me break a sweat. There are still alot of things that I hope to experience and accomplish, but I could die today with a smile on my face, I have been very fortunate.

so many snapshot stories that are just inspirational, thanks to all for sharing, we're all getting older but it seems like no-one's getting old!! :clap:

robert":1wlzzky9 said:
so many snapshot stories that are just inspirational, thanks to all for sharing, we're all getting older but it seems like no-one's getting old!! :clap:

"Inside every old person is a young person screaming...."WHAT THE HE$$ HAPPENED". :lol:

TexasBred":2sib66cq said:
robert":2sib66cq said:

"Inside every old person is a young person screaming...."WHAT THE HE$$ HAPPENED". :lol:
Man oh man, aint that the truth!!!!????!!!! :clap: :lol:

alexfarms":1p2lj54i said:
51. Never a broken bone and no serious scars, 20/25 vision, but I can't go without those reading glasses. Weigh too much, but can't stand a job that doesn't make me break a sweat. There are still alot of things that I hope to experience and accomplish, but I could die today with a smile on my face, I have been very fortunate.
thanks to horse's and rodeo'in i got a laundry list of em,, their mended but i can tell you when a front is moving in

I'm 47, will be 48 next week. It seems like it took alot longer to get to 16 than it did from 21 to 48. Most days when I lay down at nite, I'm glad the day is over, but when I wake the next morning, I wish I could relive yesterday.

When i went to bed last night i was thinking of some the things that i did when i was 21. I woke up this morning and I'm still 64.

Latest posts