So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

I turned 33 in September. I will certainly say that there are some things I'd do a little different if I had the chance, like duck every time a left hook or right cross came my way. As for good friends, good whiskey and good lovin', Hank dun made me do it. ;-)

I'll pass on a little adice to you kids in your 30's and 40's and 50's and so on. When you hear the exercise people talk about how important it is to work to maintain flexibility, listen to them. Especially if you have been battered about by horses falling on you and bulls stomping on you and various other jolts to the body.

Ryder":3p7b1mcx said:
I'll pass on a little adice to you kids in your 30's and 40's and 50's and so on. When you hear the exercise people talk about how important it is to work to maintain flexibility, listen to them. Especially if you have been battered about by horses falling on you and bulls stomping on you and various other jolts to the body.
your right about that,theres more days now that i can barely put my socks on.because my back an legs are so stiff they barely bend.these youngsters better take care of their bodies.im to the point i cant sleep in a bed,an havent in 10yrs or so.i sleep in the recliner now because my back is so bad.

59 and i also am a member of the South East Asia Gang. After that skirmish my brother talked me into going to Angola for their thirty year civil war. We figured that we got shot on the cheap so we might as well make a little money this time. now I am retired and raising cows and grandkids and cannot make money on either one.

There are 39 years between this guy, Harvey, and me.

If he takes after his sisters he will have great eyelashes. I know he lacks a little eye pigment but what do you think of his eye set?

Good eye set. Alert eyes. Broad muzzle. Strong forehead. Sometimes the really good herdbulls know they are great the day they area born.

Just made it past 50 got more aches and pains than can count come down with rum. arthritis in my early 30s been battleing it since have took more drugs than a person should in two lifetimes both knees total replaced at 45 shoulder at 40 But still love cattle and run ranch with help from friends. Never give up you can always see someone worse off than you are.

I didn't answer this question the first time it was asked in 2007. I had an accident about the time this was posted, and received a head and neck injury. The head injury set me back, but I am dealing with it. So...........

I am 53. :banana:

Doc, Glad to hear that you got your eyes back.

Chuckie

Turned 55 in Aug., buried alive in a trench 2' wide and 10' deep with 6' of dirt on me in '93, truck cut in 3 peices by train in '00, and who knows how many other accidents that never made me miss any work. Talk about aches and pains and I'll stay right with you. Lay in bed every morning thinking I just can't do it today, then I get up and read the paper and think, "Man I'm glad I don't live in the city."
In an hour I can't stand to stay inside anymore, so out I go. I got the best life of anyone. gs

Turned 72 in September... :(

Usual arthritis, low energy, short of breath...stuff. Use wife, occasional day workers, and HYDRAULICS!

Fairly safe life so far, couple vehicle accidents as teenager, several major surgeries so far. Doing as well as can be expected. If I had it to do over...I'd return to the 60s and 70s (censored) with the knowledge and money I have now...lol.

On a sidebar, I notice a lot of "old" guys around in their 60s and 70s who struggle around, zombie like, and mental alertness, driving vehicles, and intellectual responses as though they were in their 80s and 90s.

I don't and never had tried to challenge an animal that could or would hurt me. Never into "extreme sports" (anything that might hurt me)...

My guardians, St Christopher and my 2nd Amendment rights...I have always been too old to fight...lol...not into PAIN!

There are 39 years between this guy, Harvey, and me.

If he takes after his sisters he will have great eyelashes. I know he lacks a little eye pigment but what do you think of his eye set?

We think that he looks like a big healthy boy that will be great help down the road. The only thing that concerns me is the birth weight EPD:)

Since this thread refuses to die and everybody is dragging up injuries, I'll add that I made it 33 years before I got my first set of stitches. Just happened to be last Friday.

Another injury worth adding to my age posting :roll: : One day at work, I walked up to someone's door; they had a Weimaraner, and it sat quitely in one spot, but when I turned around to walk back to my truck, the dog came from behind and bit me in the rear end, and I took my board, and busted it over the dog's head. At first it looked the dog was surprised that I did it, and I raised the board the second time; it cut a dust. It did break the skin, and it did tear my pants. I had to work the rest of the day in public with my pants torn. :oops: I was 32 years old then.
Chuckie

sounds like when i was a kid,, we caught the school bus at the country store that sold every thing back then, the bench was also a display window that had garden tools in it one morning i ran in and flopped down on it... where a new sharp axe was setting on its edge, layed my ass wide open... two cracks :cowboy:

cow pollinater":3213fjxn said:
Ryder":3213fjxn said:
I'll pass on a little adice to you kids in your 30's
Thank you kindly for the advice but we don't listen any better than you old guys did when you were our age. :lol:
Reading your list of calamities and ailments, might be a little late for you already. You may as well come on up here an have a seat on the geriatric porch.

Chuckie":3njn2d4t said:
Another injury worth adding to my age posting :roll: : One day at work, I walked up to someone's door; they had a Weimaraner, and it sat quitely in one spot, but when I turned around to walk back to my truck, the dog came from behind and bit me in the rear end, and I took my board, and busted it over the dog's head. At first it looked the dog was surprised that I did it, and I raised the board the second time; it cut a dust. It did break the skin, and it did tear my pants. I had to work the rest of the day in public with my pants torn. :oops: I was 32 years old then.
Chuckie

From my experience with pointers I believe Weimeraners to be as a group the biggest bunch of chickenshyts I have ever seen. Almost every dogfight involving one of them is started by a sneak attack by the grey dog. I refuse to hunt my dogs around them these days.

Latest posts