So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":ymayhoxl said:
i feel like a brand new baby.......no hair,no teeth, and i think i just pee'd on myself :p

I almost peed myself when I read that. :lol2:

49 is coming up quick.

41 will be 42 in FEB. I have arthritis like dad did. Feel good most of the time. Feel great when I am out with the cows. Hope I live long enough to get some good herefords.

I am 41 but with a twist. Most folks tell me I look 30. I have always looked younger than my years. That being said, between football, 4 years in the U.S. Army Airborne and 16 years as an infantry reservist, a couple of wars, a few broken bones and other injuries I feel 71. I ruptured a disc in my lower back on 4th of July weekend which has only added 5 more years. One of these days I am going to rest up and recover.........when all the work is done.........ok.....one of these days may never come.

HOSS":huj0exxw said:
I am 41 but with a twist. Most folks tell me I look 30. I have always looked younger than my years. That being said, between football, 4 years in the U.S. Army Airborne and 16 years as an infantry reservist, a couple of wars, a few broken bones and other injuries I feel 71. I ruptured a disc in my lower back on 4th of July weekend which has only added 5 more years. One of these days I am going to rest up and recover.........when all the work is done.........ok.....one of these days may never come.

Don't stop, when you rest and quit moving you seize up and it's harder to get moving again, I tried that once. :lol2:

34. Hit by a truck when I was 15 and reconstructed my left knee. Car accident left me a below knee amputee when I was 24. I hobble around but usually don't take to kindly to people telling me I can't do things. Of course, there are times I ask people to do things for me due to my leg.

Alacowman
That is my tought, this post is over 3 years old and a lot have gone to the corn field in the sky or to the fire ant bed down below. The way a lot of the young ones describe themselves they sure are going to be hobbling around when they get my age 66. I see people my age I was raised with who did not take care of their bodies and they can barely get around.

41 years old just retired from the Air Force after 22 years, a bit busted up from those 22 years but I'm looking forward to getting back to raising cattle.

42, turn 43 in december, reading some of the previous posts I'm in better shape than I deserve to be and most, if not all, has been self inflicted damage, incautious decisions and plain stoopid acts......but I don't plan on ever retiring, slowing down or quitting, God willing.

53 but parts of my back and left knee are much younger. Takes most of an hour to get everything moving in the morning.
Wildland firefighter for 37 years in a couple of more days. I am going to retire when I get 45 years. Long hours have taken their toll.

53 next month, been through some rough stuff, cancer survivor, back surgery, knee surgery,
but have been blessed far more than I deserve.
DM

Wow, 3 years since this was first posted and so many posters are gone. Brought tears to my eyes reading posts of people that I have never met yet consider mentors and friends .. Miss you lots , I hope you all know how I still treasure your kindness and words of wisdom .. :heart:

I have aged 3 years more, BUT also received my first Dam of Merit award as a GV breeder . Very proud of my gal ,especially since she won the award as a 5 year old ..

Thank you all, for your support and kindness since I have become a member of CT . You have made this gal always welcome and are always helpful when I am of much needed help and support, as well as a good kick in the @ss at times .. :tiphat:

I had a guy visit me just yesterday, told me how young and fit I looked.

Really made me feel good...UNTIL I realized that piece of paper in his hand was a bill and he was looking for some money!

Lesson: When people start telling you how young you look, hold onto your wallet!

Jim

Just turned 60............Don't let anyone kid you ............it ain't the new 50 :lol2:

Got back into cattle 5 yrs ago and hope to have the registered herd in place by the time I retire.

One things for sure I am very grateful for the relationships I have formed here and really appreciate the help I have received from some of you.

I am 53 and will be 54 in Jan. I didnt get married until I was 50. I reckon I had to make sure all my running around was over before I settled down. I live on the farm I was raised on and have been in the cattle business for the better part of my life in one way or another and the registered business for the last 20 years. I have a wonderful wife and two lovely stepdaughters. I have a few aches and pains from hard work and ball playing in my younger years but most days I feel pretty good. I toured the country playing baseball and softball until I was close to 50. I can tell I have went down hill since I quit. Life is short and time is flying by.

Circle H Ranch

3waycross":38hyb004 said:
Just turned 60............Don't let anyone kid you ............it ain't the new 50 :lol2:

Got back into cattle 5 yrs ago and hope to have the registered herd in place by the time I retire.

One things for sure I am very grateful for the relationships I have formed here and really appreciate the help I have received from some of you.
Those cows are what aged you the last 5 years. :(
Or maybe kept you from aging more. :nod:
Or some of both. :???:

You are probably about 5 years short of middle age unles you let people talk you into being old.
Of course for some people old age begins at 40 and they want it that way.

Latest posts