Side stepping the Dealers

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":hzkr83bf said:
because most grew up with throw away and buy new mentality. I have always been too POOR to do that I had to fix what was broke to get the job finished. I had a belt break on the cloths drier a few weeks back. how many folks would have just bought a new one instead of buying an 8 dollar belt and taking 30min to put it on. Its the MALE Figures fault raising these kids and not teaching them critical thinking and how to fix things.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Just the other day I found a loose screw on one of my fishing reels. After using the only screwdriver I had with me. Not quite the right size. I boogered up the head of the screw. It took some explaing to get the wife to understand. Since the screw could not be torqued to the proper tightness due to the damaged head. And a oem screw was not available. We had obvious saftey issues with this piece of equipment. And sometimes the grandchildren use it. . :shock: ...the only responsible thing to do was to replace it with a brand new one......... :hat:

SAFETY FIRST
SAVE THE CHILDREN...

callmefence":2vtybskr said:
M-5":2vtybskr said:
because most grew up with throw away and buy new mentality. I have always been too POOR to do that I had to fix what was broke to get the job finished. I had a belt break on the cloths drier a few weeks back. how many folks would have just bought a new one instead of buying an 8 dollar belt and taking 30min to put it on. Its the MALE Figures fault raising these kids and not teaching them critical thinking and how to fix things.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Just the other day I found a loose screw on one of my fishing reels. After using the only screwdriver I had with me. Not quite the right size. I boogered up the head of the screw. It took some explaing to get the wife to understand. Since the screw could not be torqued to the proper tightness due to the damaged head. And a oem screw was not available. We had obvious saftey issues with this piece of equipment. And sometimes the grandchildren use it. . :shock: ...the only responsible thing to do was to replace it with a brand new one......... :hat:

SAFETY FIRST
SAVE THE CHILDREN...

I don't know what to think about a fellow that don't carry a multi tool everyday especially when fishing

M-5":3hykwt0l said:
callmefence":3hykwt0l said:
M-5":3hykwt0l said:

SAFETY FIRST
SAVE THE CHILDREN...

I don't know what to think about a fellow that don't carry a multi tool everyday especially when fishing

I didn't say I was fishin. I said I found a loose screw...I was at church.

callmefence":1ht9ao0e said:
M-5":1ht9ao0e said:
callmefence":1ht9ao0e said:

SAFETY FIRST
SAVE THE CHILDREN...

Loose screw is a common problem , Right??

M-5":26ngv24i said:
callmefence":26ngv24i said:
M-5":26ngv24i said:

Loose screw is a common problem , Right??

Not on my brand new reel.

jehosofat":1g7pqyth said:
Bright Raven":1g7pqyth said:
IDK if that fully explains it. I know a lot of poor people who cannot change a tire. They sit in squalor before they will repair their washer. On the other hand, I have a friend who is 80 and has over a million setting in cash and he still fixes enerything.

No, you know a lot of poor people who WON'T change a tire.

A couple days ago I saw a guy walking down the road. It is a long ways to anything either way so I hopped on my quad and ran out to see if he needed help. Turns out he is camping up the canyon a couple miles and had a flat tire. No cell service so he was walking out to where his phone would work to call triple A to come change his tire. Walk 6 or 7 miles to call someone to change a tire? Wouldn't it be easier to just change the tire? I gave him a ride out to where the phone worked. Offered to take him back to his camp after his call. He turned me down, I didn't argue. Just ran my quad back home, shaking my head all the way.

Dave":3h3gk8to said:
jehosofat":3h3gk8to said:
Bright Raven":3h3gk8to said:
IDK if that fully explains it. I know a lot of poor people who cannot change a tire. They sit in squalor before they will repair their washer. On the other hand, I have a friend who is 80 and has over a million setting in cash and he still fixes enerything.

No, you know a lot of poor people who WON'T change a tire.

A couple days ago I saw a guy walking down the road. It is a long ways to anything either way so I hopped on my quad and ran out to see if he needed help. Turns out he is camping up the canyon a couple miles and had a flat tire. No cell service so he was walking out to where his phone would work to call triple A to come change his tire. Walk 6 or 7 miles to call someone to change a tire? Wouldn't it be easier to just change the tire? I gave him a ride out to where the phone worked. Offered to take him back to his camp after his call. He turned me down, I didn't argue. Just ran my quad back home, shaking my head all the way.
Well, you can't exactly call someone that would walk 12-14 miles round trip lazy. More like plain hardheaded.
(I gotta admit, I kinda looked forward to finally getting so old that if I had a flat on the interstate, some young fella would stop have some mercy and stop & change it for me, but now that I'm here, my pride won't let 'em do it)

Latest posts