Sick Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

SkinMan

Reaction score
My bull has been down for the past week. He's been laying around, ears flopped down, just sickly looking. You can tell that he has lost weight. I got the vet out here Tuesday to check him out. He wasn't running any fever and didn't have a runny nose. The vet did say that his stool was impacted. His opinion was that he had Hardware disease. Probably eat a peice of metal or plastic. He pumped him full of antibotics and left me another bottle to give him in a few days.
I turned him out on some rye grass hoping to loosen his stool up.
But now what? How long do I wait? I don't want him to shrivel up to a peice of beef jerky and go to waste.

well did your vet give the bull a magnet for the hardware prob.well youve already gave him meds.so all you can do is wait 30 days from the last shot.for the meds to run out.an sell the bull if he dont die or get better.

Is the bull pen or pasture kept? Are you feeding him grain?Dehydration could be the reason for it being impacted. If he is a nevous type try putting him in a situation to make him more nervous.....ie: loading in a trailer....that can make them crap like a racoon!

Latest posts