Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

Actually made a typo there @Warren Allison , the 1st time mommas are actually ultra back to ultra (both angus x brangus). Older cows are brangus bred to ultra (angus x brangus)
Great looking calves you have there. I really like those Ultra Blacks. I noticed that a place up here near me, Salacoa Valley Farms, 3rd largest Brangus operation in the US, has started breeding some Ultra Blacks these past few years. A client of mine down below Cairo , has bred some Chi-Angus X Brangus and Brangus x Chi-Angus this year. It will be interesting to see how these turnout.

First purebred calf born on the place. I'm new to the purebred scene. I weighed this bull calf as 99 pounds. Now can I subtract 10 because he drank a bunch of milk before I weighed him and another 10 because the cow lost her plug 15 days ago so she could have had him sooner? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4122(1).jpg
    IMG_4122(1).jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 6
First purebred calf born on the place. I'm new to the purebred scene. I weighed this bull calf as 99 pounds. Now can I subtract 10 because he drank a bunch of milk before I weighed him and another 10 because the cow lost her plug 15 days ago so she could have had him sooner? ;)
I had my first purebred calf this year too.. about 2 weeks ago 20210317_092434.jpg

This bull calf is 4 mo old, sire is Aberdeen (Lowline), dam is commercial Brangus. I'm kind really liking how he is turning out.

Attachments

• EF46DD7A-B597-478D-85C7-29772AB0CD9A.jpeg
    EF46DD7A-B597-478D-85C7-29772AB0CD9A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 347BC996-910A-471C-843C-A6F8F74EC19D.jpeg
    347BC996-910A-471C-843C-A6F8F74EC19D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Just found this little one a few minutes ago. Saw several buzzards flying and figured something was going on and better go check. This calf is this one's second calf. She calved last year at 21 months old and was practically standing over that newborn calf with buzzards surrounding the pair. 6EDCBDF0-1F6D-4624-96AD-15EB9E12EDEA.jpeg5CEA04B3-BBB5-46A8-B4BF-2DC67A69BEA8.jpeg

Mama is a trooper and let me tag/work her calf when he was only an hour old, but quickly resumed licking.

Backstory with this cow/calf: Mama is named after a dear friend of mine and she gets to pick the name of each calf (one for bull, one for heifer). This year, she decided the bull calf should be named Merry. WTH?!? I've never watched Lord Of The Rings, but evidently Merry is the name of a male hobbit. And, I have no clue what a hobbit is. All I know, is that this cow is in the group where all their calves have pink tags. And her bull calf is now named Merry, sporting a pink tag. So, he's already gender confused! And will most likely get a whoopin' from the other calves (kids can be mean!). Seriously considering cutting off his tag when it's time to sell.;)
IMG_20210327_165629.jpg

Mama is a trooper and let me tag/work her calf when he was only an hour old, but quickly resumed licking.

Backstory with this cow/calf: Mama is named after a dear friend of mine and she gets to pick the name of each calf (one for bull, one for heifer). This year, she decided the bull calf should be named Merry. WTH?!? I've never watched Lord Of The Rings, but evidently Merry is the name of a male hobbit. And, I have no clue what a hobbit is. All I know, is that this cow is in the group where all their calves have pink tags. And her bull calf is now named Merry, sporting a pink tag. So, he's already gender confused! And will most likely get a whoopin' from the other calves (kids can be mean!). Seriously considering cutting off his tag when it's time to sell.;)
View attachment 3452
Now now, lets not forget Johnny Cash and "A Boy Named Sue"

Latest posts