Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

Two of my favorite calves this year. The heifer is a AI calf sired by JF Rancher and out of a purebred angus cow and the bull calf is a 3/4 Simmental 1/4 Angus sired by my Grandmaster son and out of a Goldmine cow.

FlyingL, I'm a big fan of Goldmine. I have one Goldmine daughter and 3 granddaughters. I'm going to AI 3 of them to Dream On this year and 1 to Built Right. I've had the semen sitting in the tank for years and figure I might as well use it.

Calves from my SemAngus bull.

From a Horned Hereford bull
Her second set of twins. A couple years ago she raised a set fine but these seem to be struggling.

Doing some adopting after many years. Also the 2nd time we need to put calf for another cow.
Very valuable genetics, so needs to work. Some background: 4 days ago one cow calved with her 4th calf- 1st heifer calf for her. Cow has very nice big udder. Last year she lost her calf at one day age, however he looked perfectly fine a couple hours after birth. This year cow has a full udder, but only a spoon of milk comes out. Tried many ways to get more milk, but no progress, plus cow doesn't want to cooperate and calf is getting weaker and has very watery scour. Fed heifer with milk replacer, but no help, so decided that if a calm milky cow calves now gonna try to adopt the poor girl. Yesterday one heifer calved. She has a pretty decent udder and normally is very calm. Finally, the poor calf nursed for the first time yesterday. 1st timer knows very well which one is her calf, but is pretty tolerant to the new one. Keep both calves separated from the cow, only let them out to nurse a couple times per day for now to prevent any injures.
This morning:

Latest posts