Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calves lounging in fresh grass. Just turned out on this pasture a few hours before.

First Calf heifer and her 2 month old heifer calf

Those calves laid out is a nice picture.
Mine are in time-out right now, and the only ones on the place that are happy are the bulls. It's been quite a ruckus since Sunday morning.
IMG_0608.jpg

ed942972-10f0-4bb4-bc33-92edc539900e.jpg

These are 3/4 Galloway calves out of our herd bull and Galloway X Angus females.
Both calves are about a month old in the pictures. Heifer calf had a 74 lb BW, Bull calf had a 65 lb BW.

Heifer calf:
3435_heifer_calf.jpg

Bull Calf:
4905_bull_calf.jpg

We've had a real nice calving season with above normal March and April temps... I could get spoiled calving in 50-60 degree weather...
But last week we had to get a spring snowstorm that gave us 6 inches of wet snow ( that all melted the next day)- but these calves are wishing for their nice weather back.... I think this one little fella has decided just to sleep until his sun comes back out again ;-)

Hope we get some rain soon, haven't had enough moisture and warm days here yet to get the pastures greened up enough to turn the cows out on. Some pictures from the other weekend of a few calves and a few bonus pics of some yearling heifers since 2 of them are full sisters to a couple of these baby calves

First 3 are of the same bull calf by of a Revolution son that we raised. This is the 2nd year we've had a few calves by him, another Hereford breeder in the state owns full possession of the bull now but we retained in-herd AI use of him and excited to see what his calves look like for them as we really like the few we have had out of him.

52C_zpsonjog4dw.jpg

8Y_zpsu3jldfjc.jpg

52C2_zps5hewyms9.jpg

Heifer calf by the same bull, picture of her full sister later in this post...

51C_zpspyolydpn.jpg

SHF York 19H Y02 bull calf out of a first calf Revolution 4R daughter. We are going to use a lot more of York in our AI program this year

54C_zps7evmcvbm.jpg

Revolution 4R heifer, picture of her full sister below as well too...

56C_zpstnjmvjp4.jpg

Bull calf out of our Rausch Puckster III herd sire.
57C_zps2yegwnsk.jpg

I know these aren't technically calves but they are some of last year's calves and really happy with how they turned out.

Top yearling heifer out of a 1st calf heifer. Full sister to the 51C heifer calf above
87B_zpslvtqutlt.jpg

Revolution heifer, full sister to the 56C heifer above
81B_zpsscxxbuwg.jpg

Those 2 side by side
87_81_zpsglmyraqd.jpg

Hyalite On Target 936 heifer out of a 1st calf Revolution daughter
83B_zpsqxstz8gk.jpg

Latest posts