Short trip

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I made a short trip today to look at a couple Simmental bulls. I picked up ClinchValley86 along the way and pretty sure he cant find his way back where the bulls are.
Had a good visit with Simme and seen some very good cattle.
Will go back and pick up the 2 bulls around September 1st.
He has 3 bred heifers i would have room for also.
Just a short Sunday drive.
Started in Virginia, through Tennessee. North Carolina, Georgia, and South Carolina. 478 miles, so just a Sunday drive except for the traffic and rain near Ashville NC.

I made a short trip today to look at a couple Simmental bulls. I picked up ClinchValley86 along the way and pretty sure he cant find his way back where the bulls are.
Started in Virginia, through Tennessee. North Carolina, Georgia, and South Carolina. 478 miles, so just a Sunday drive except for the traffic and rain near Ashville NC.
Just a short Sunday drive..... 🤣🤣🤣

Wife just ask how much the bulls were going to cost. I told her i had bought the Leachman 600U bull November 4th 2022 when he was born, never seen it until today, and price hadn't been discussed. Not sure i convinced her.

When will you get the Leachman bull? Do you have any Angus cows that have been around the block a time or ten that he is going to breed?

Last edited:
Sounds like you drove by our ranch !

You decided to get that other one that you sent me pics of too? Two of the nicest bull calves I have seen this year. Very impressed with the weaning weights. If those bred heifers are anywhere near as nice as those bulls, then I can see why you would want them.
Anyone in the southeast looking for black Simm or SimmAngus cattle, I would strongly suggest you contact @simme

You decided to get that other one that you sent me pics of too? Two of the nicest bull calves I have seen this year. Very impressed with the weaning weights. If those bred heifers are anywhere near as nice as those bulls, then I can see why you would want them.
Anyone in the southeast looking for black Simm or SimmAngus cattle, I would strongly suggest you contact @simme
The bred heifers were actually better than the bulls. And super docile.

The bred heifers were actually better than the bulls. And super docile.
That doesn't surprise me in the least. @simme knows the results he wants from his program, and knows how to make it happen. Never met the man., nor seen his operation, or even talked on the phone. But we had some PM conversations about that bull. I could tell that A) the man knows what he is doing, and that B) you can take what he says to the bank. He is EXACTLY the kind of person you'd want to deal with in this cattle business.

Don't know where the thread is but just wanted to tell @kenny thomas that I heard on the radio that they are supposed to be putting in a Buc ees in Mt Crawford Va... off I-81... ground breaking hoped for this fall??? Will have to see if I can find out more from the Harrisonburg paper...

Latest posts