Scrotal size

Help Support CattleToday:

tamarack

Reaction score
When is scrotal size too big I was at vets last week to get a few bse test done my bulls were average 35 to 40 as 2 yr olds. There was a black bull maybe a angus x semi before my bulls and he had 51cm I had never saw any that big before what do other bulls measure when they get done? I had a few yearling bulls that I ran through and they were under the min. for the breed but I kept them over as they looked like would make good bulls and when checked as 2 yr olds both were good at 44 and 41 so they change a lot in that year. Anyone have similar out comes with their bse tests?

tamarack":2thyzk7q said:
When is scrotal size too big I was at vets last week to get a few bse test done my bulls were average 35 to 40 as 2 yr olds. There was a black bull maybe a angus x semi before my bulls and he had 51cm I had never saw any that big before what do other bulls measure when they get done? I had a few yearling bulls that I ran through and they were under the min. for the breed but I kept them over as they looked like would make good bulls and when checked as 2 yr olds both were good at 44 and 41 so they change a lot in that year. Anyone have similar out comes with their bse tests?

How old was the 51 cm bull?

Scrotal development for age has a lot to do with feed, so if you don't feed don't cull them too early for scrotal size.

Thanks K I don't feed my bulls max as I don't think it is good for them in the long run never really thought about the scrotal size related to feed but makes sense. The owner of the bull I talked about said he was 5 and BTW the bull didn't pass because his penis had plugged and vet couldn't get a sample she said that there was just a tiny hole and when he peed it must have had high pressure!

Latest posts