S A V Angus Valley 1867

Help Support CattleToday:

a7 livestock

Reaction score
Thoughts on this bull and his progeny? Having second thoughts about my breeding strategy, and am considering using this bull on my Heifers and higher BW cows

a7 livestock":2w9k48w9 said:
Thoughts on this bull and his progeny? Having second thoughts about my breeding strategy, and am considering using this bull on my Heifers and higher BW cows

Some are pretty good others not so much. Appears to breed a lot like his sire. Not a lot of extra capacity and are not near as heavy boned as a lot of SAV sires.

Good to hear, we just bred a donor last night and this morning to Resource we will be flushing on the 16th. One of my favorite heifers from this years calf crop is a Resource out of our 525 cow, we don't have a bunch to compare with so very nice to hear. I am thinking of flushing her to Registry the next go so I guess you and I are mentally linked lol. This is a cow with a ton of power she is SAV Blackcap May 0524 Reg# 16697983 I am also thinking about a flush to Coleman Charlo I just can't imagine how thick the calves out of that mating would be.

gizmom

gizmom":3brib7wx said:
Good to hear, we just bred a donor last night and this morning to Resource we will be flushing on the 16th. One of my favorite heifers from this years calf crop is a Resource out of our 525 cow, we don't have a bunch to compare with so very nice to hear. I am thinking of flushing her to Registry the next go so I guess you and I are mentally linked lol. This is a cow with a ton of power she is SAV Blackcap May 0524 Reg# 16697983 I am also thinking about a flush to Coleman Charlo I just can't imagine how thick the calves out of that mating would be.

gizmom

I haven't seen enough progeny out of charlo I make me want to use him. the bull I really can't wait to see what he turns out like is the lot 312 sav sold this year. He should be really good

Mainly interested in the females he can offer, bull calves will probably be cut and freezer beefed out, unless there is just a stud in the contemporaries.

a7 livestock":2459bb36 said:
Mainly interested in the females he can offer, bull calves will probably be cut and freezer beefed out, unless there is just a stud in the contemporaries.

At least in what I look for in a female I think there are better choices. Not that they are bad just not my favorites

I don't like the way Charlo and Coleman Regis are posed in their photos.
Their back legs don't look right. I haven't seen a lot of photos of calves out of them.

Air gator":2vaebl25 said:
I don't like the way Charlo and Coleman Regis are posed in their photos.
Their back legs don't look right. I haven't seen a lot of photos of calves out of them.
well make sure you ask gizmon about Regis calves .....

Latest posts